look out mobile security

androidevo

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Hey just wondering how good is this security app and if it really works or if its really even needed on my Evo? Anyone with this app on their phone?

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I run lookout.It does what it says it will do.There was a couple stories about them on the front page awhile back.
Lookout also said that they plan to go to add a paid version and those with accounts will still get to use their great service.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I also use it and it works. I like that it backs up my stuff and acts as a phone locater. It uses barely any resources and hasn't affected my battery life at all. I would recommend it to anyone one using android.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Just downloaded it. Seems to have scanned my entire phone. Nothing bad found :)

yeah it will scan once a week and everytime you download a app it will scan it.I don't back a bunch of apps only the ones i use and know work.I back Lookout.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I am thinking about getting it ONLY for the locater feature. But if thats all i use it for maybe i should just find a smaller app designed for just that.

hum.. tough choices.

coogrrr94

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Will the locator work if the GPS was turned off when the phone was lost or stolen?

I usually turn GPS off when I don't need it.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Will the locator work if the GPS was turned off when the phone was lost or stolen?

I usually turn GPS off when I don't need it.

Turning it off doesn't save any battery, JSYK. This has been discussed ad nauseum. I think it would work but wouldn't be as accurate. I'm not 100% sure, though.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I am thinking about getting it ONLY for the locater feature. But if thats all i use it for maybe i should just find a smaller app designed for just that.

hum.. tough choices.

I use mobile defense. What I also like about it is that they can provide a zip file so you can install it as a system app and it hides itself after installation. I know their beta status changes frequently so I'm not sure if you can sign up but it's worth checking out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38