Evo laging when 4g is on?

cpolism

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
There have already been a bunch of posts on this, but yeah, my evo sucks when 4G is on. Extremely disappointed with this since I have full 4G bars in my house. Never really had this problem before the update. Hopefully a fix will come out soon.

Biffer

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
the temporary fix that i know of is update your profile

Profile update does not help my laggy Evo on 4G. Sometimes the lag can last as long as 5 second when changing pages or exiting a program. Other times, the lag is hardly noticeable or at least tolerable.

maxima2k53

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Profile update does not help my laggy Evo on 4G. Sometimes the lag can last as long as 5 second when changing pages or exiting a program. Other times, the lag is hardly noticeable or at least tolerable.

my lag was worse than yours then and updating the profile would work for me

Pre-dawn raid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
I've been really disappointed with 4G. I was excited when I went to Chicago knowing they have 4G and my area doesn't. Turned it on and my Evo was slower (browsing, etc.) than on 3G back home...WTF! I'm starting to think this whole 4G thing is marketing hype and I don't see how they justify charging an extra $10/month for a technology that hasn't even proven itself.

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I also experienced this. However, rebooting my phone seemed to fix it. My phone runs just as fast and smooth with 4G on now. I know this seems like a simple fix, but it worked for me...

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I turned on 4G and then the Android System Info app. With 4G on, the Android System task was running a steady 9% or so of CPU. I turned 4G off and it dropped off to a more erratic 0-4%.

Dave

SpringerRider

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
here is the deal. Good solid 4G like downtown Atlanta and no battery drain. Spotty 4G like Sugar Hill, Ga indoors and battery life suffers severly.

Moral of story? Don't run service that must be reacquired over and over. Kills battery.

jxc

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I and seven of my friends with EVO's have the same problem, i have called sprint and htc and they do not help, they seem to think that if i turn my phone in to the warranty department for fixing that it will help, even though i am telling them that a brand new evo in the sprint store also does the same thing. HTC claims that they havent heard of the problem before.

I have done a factory reset and other things and nothing helps but restarting the phone every time i turn off 4g.

I think sprint and htc have turned a blind eye on this issue since it looks like a good number of people are having this issue.

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Well, I'm in Teterboro right now. I didn't know if 4g was available here, so I turned 4g on just for kicks. After a rather lengthy scan, I actually got an excellent connection with no system lag, and download speed of almost 11mbps! Now if it could just work like this all the time...

vel7wil

May 17, 2010
Visit site
In my area I have 4g more often than not....and my 4g really kicks ass when its running...oh but the time when I stuck in a 3g area I can really see the difference.....now thats lag!!!!!

franky_402

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
i was actually coming online to post about my phone lagging with 4g turned on, pretty much the only time i can use 4g is when i use tethering otherwise the phone is so laggy i cant use it! This happened on stock fw and i have since flashed evio2 and its still happening, it wasnt like this before froyo so not sure what the deal is!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana