please help an Evo NOOB with a few things...

jeeplj8

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
1. Is there a setting that will prevent the screen from going dark or locking when the Evo is plugged in to a charger only?

2. Is there a way to add more smilies to the stock HTC messaging app without having a separate program?

3. Can I control the length of vibration for different notifications? For example, make calendar 1 sec, emails 2 sec and SMS 3 seconds.

4. is there a sound widget (like the 4G toggle) to act like the ringer off switch on BB or Pre?

5. Can you overlap HTC Sync with Outlook and EAS to have EAS sync calendar for 2 weeks, but have HTC sync all Outlook cal data?

Trust

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
1. Not native. there are market widgets for "screen always on" you can toggle when needed.

2. Custom keyboard maybe? not sure.

3. No

4. Yes, HTC widget > profile (included with phone)

5. No clue what you're talking about.

Reactions: jeeplj8

vel7wil

May 17, 2010
Visit site
1. Is there a setting that will prevent the screen from going dark or locking when the Evo is plugged in to a charger only?

2. Is there a way to add more smilies to the stock HTC messaging app without having a separate program?

3. Can I control the length of vibration for different notifications? For example, make calendar 1 sec, emails 2 sec and SMS 3 seconds.

4. is there a sound widget (like the 4G toggle) to act like the ringer off switch on BB or Pre?

5. Can you overlap HTC Sync with Outlook and EAS to have EAS sync calendar for 2 weeks, but have HTC sync all Outlook cal data?

1) So far for that I've only found one solution, you'll have to the settings and set for always on.

2). I've check the normal market apps and none I could find....not sure abt if there some in the rooted areana.

4) long press any home screen and select setting and you'll see one for sounds/profile its a built in widget from HTC

jeeplj8

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
1. Not native. there are market widgets for "screen always on" you can toggle when needed.

2. Custom keyboard maybe? not sure.

3. No

4. Yes, HTC widget > profile (included with phone)

5. No clue what you're talking about.

Thanks on #4. Hoping for more input on the others.

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Contrary to the rest of the posts here, YES there is such a setting. It's a bit hidden.

Go to settings > Applications > Development > Stay Awake.

It will keep the screen on full brightness when plugged in, unless you specifically press the power button to turn it off and lock it. (Also, it may appear locked when you plug it in, but after the first unlock, it will not automatically lock again)

Not without a custom ROM, not really worth the effort IMO.

That would require a custom ROM, and I don't think anyone has bothered.

Reactions: jeeplj8

jeeplj8

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Contrary to the rest of the posts here, YES there is such a setting. It's a bit hidden.

Go to settings > Applications > Development > Stay Awake.

It will keep the screen on full brightness when plugged in, unless you specifically press the power button to turn it off and lock it. (Also, it may appear locked when you plug it in, but after the first unlock, it will not automatically lock again)

Not without a custom ROM, not really worth the effort IMO.

That would require a custom ROM, and I don't think anyone has bothered.

BIG thanks for your help. They need a double thanks icon. I missed that so much.

On the custom ROM - just give me time. :) I came from a rooted and way overclocked Pre.

jeeplj8

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
#5 i don't think is possible because HTC sync hooks into EAS. I'm not sure there are separate settings for those.

I am basically looking for a work around to my calendar problem.

If I tell EAS to sync my whole calendar, it will, for a few days. then I start getting client conversation errors and lose EAS sync ability until I delte account and re-install.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa