connect to mac?

m a x i m u s

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
i am trying to connect my htc evo to my mac as a disk drive so i can add music and remove pics, etc, but when i connect, it does nothing. i have the "ask me" box checked on the phone as well as "connect as disk drive". what am i doing wrong?

also, if i could just drag music from my sd card to the music player directly, then i could almost forgo the mac connection, but that wont work either...

Buckeyes

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Check the top left corner of your EVO. You should see an icon in the corner. Drag it down. It should say, "charge only." Tap it. You should then be able to choose "disk drive" from the menu. Hit "done." This will allow you to drop and drag photos and music to your EVO. Good luck.

m a x i m u s

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
thanks for the tips, but no, it does nothing at all. the very first time i plugged it in (which was yesterday), i did get that weird triangle with an exclamation mark in it in the top left corner. i dragged down, and it said something like "usb safe mode" or something or other. i cleared the notification, and now it does nothing. i even tried changing the "connect to pc" options...

jbeshuk

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
nvm. i rebooted it and now it works. thanks!
I had all the same problems and attempts at correction. The first time I connected, it asked for connection modes. I chose disk drive and copied files no problem. Now it recognizes the connection, (the light on the phone comes on), but never asks the question of recognizes the phone as a drive. I have ask set to yes and connect as a disk drive in setttings.

Any suggestions?