refurb evo

Flip

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
Quick question family, my screen chattered when I dropped my phone I just received my new one today in the mail through the insurance, how can I tell if is a new Evo or a refurb cause it came in a box with a battery too n it looks new

stimulatedboredom

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Check the gallery and see if there are any pictures taken by customers in the store.

Had a friend get a "new" EVO swapped out and I checked the gallery while still in the store and there were random images that customers took while messing with the phone.

It was a friggen display model that was reboxed!

Either that, or count the rings on the battery...

drjb74

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
##786#

This takes you to a status list. If you scroll down, it will say Reconditioned Status. If it's a refurb, it will say yes., and the date it was certified for Reconditioned status below that (when Sprint or whoever gave it the okay to be used as a refurb).

pteezay

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I know ##786# does something and so does ##33284# and ##3282#, but are there any other codes like this still out there?

Flip

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
##786#

This takes you to a status list. If you scroll down, it will say Reconditioned Status. If it's a refurb, it will say yes., and the date it was certified for Reconditioned status below that (when Sprint or whoever gave it the okay to be used as a refurb).

Wow I got it, thanx man

drjb74

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I know ##786# does something and so does ##33284# and ##3282#, but are there any other codes like this still out there?

Search the forum or google EVO hash codes. There are a lot of codes. Most are programming menus and access points for Sprint techs to get in and see what's going on if your phone is messed up. There are a bunch, and as far as I know, they are specfic to each kind of phone, as in hash codes for a droid won't work on an EVO (I think, but could be wrong on that part).

Flip

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
Well I got my second replacement today n if it's new, well it will come in the box brand new, the lady fr sprint when she was activating it told me she was surprised to see me get a new phone, she said she could tell by the dec# that it was new, that she never heard someone get a new replacement Evo before so i guess I better feel lucky

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately today is the last day me and my launch day evo will be together... getting my replacement tomorrow due to a failing charging port. Best believe I will be trying ##786# in store to see what's up.

ad3c6c1c-d850-0d2f.jpg

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

garciaop

May 18, 2010
Visit site
they best way to know if you got a brand new is if you get a box like you did when you purchased your brand new phone , if they just sent you the phone with charger it a refurbished one but if they send you a phone and all components then its a new one

GooberVox

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately today is the last day me and my launch day evo will be together... getting my replacement tomorrow due to a failing charging port. Best believe I will be trying ##786# in store to see what's up.

ad3c6c1c-d850-0d2f.jpg

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Im in the same boat man! Charging port was loose. Mine was a launch day device and I feel kinda sad that we are parting ways...

AndroidAddict

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
OP, just curious if you had to pay for a replacement phone. I dropped my phone on friday and shattered the screen. Saturday I brought it in to the nearest sprint service center and they just replaced my whole front panel, free of charge. I was stoked on this cause it meant I didnt get a refurb. and it only took an hour.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa