Help How to reinstall swype after 3.70.651.1 update

odror

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I had a legal version of swype beta before the upgrade. After the upgrade I got errors with the input method. So I removed Swype. Is there a way to reinstall it. When I try to use the beta installer I get a message that it is already supported in my phone. (but I just removed it) Any help will be appreciated.

ernbrdn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Swype is installed as part of the update. Just press and hold any input box and when the menu pops up asking for Input methods, select that then select Swype. The beta installs are no longer supported on the EVO since HTC has decided to include Swype in the base system. HTH.

odror

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Swype is installed as part of the update. Just press and hold any input box and when the menu pops up asking for Input methods, select that then select Swype. The beta installs are no longer supported on the EVO since HTC has decided to include Swype in the base system. HTH.

When I do that swype is not listed anymore since I uninstalled it (after the update). I lost the beta swype and the new one that came with the update. I would like either to reapply the update or reinstall swype. I do not know how to do either.

-Thanks

alexander__ekin

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
When I do that swype is not listed anymore since I uninstalled it (after the update). I lost the beta swype and the new one that came with the update. I would like either to reapply the update or reinstall swype. I do not know how to do either.

-Thanks

please unlinstal ur swype beta and restart ur device. after restart try to write something with ur evo. before write please press ur screen on 5 second, it will show u choice text input or swype. try it good luck bro. GBU

odror

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Thank you swype is back with no errors. This advice was far better than the Sprint second level tech who told me to reset my device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87