Help upgrading and formatting my wife's 8GB SD card to a 16 GB

Dr. Smith

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
I'm trying to upgrade my wife's 8GB SD card to a 16 GB. She is rooted and running 2.2 on Fresh evo 3.3.0.1. I copied the whole card to my laptop running xp and saved toa folder. I selected all as always. Powered down the phone swapped cards and powered on to recovery running clockwork mod 2.5.0.1. I formated the card and format sd-ext. Then I mounted usb storage and pasted the files from the 8GB
card. I rebooted the phone and my voicemail icon won't mount, I couldn't find the andriod market anywhere and most of the apps had generic android icons that were not linked. HELP!!!
1st question Did I prepare the card correctly. Back in my hero days RA -heroc would partition sd and sd ext2 to ext 3. Clockworkmod doesn't do all that.
What should I doto the prepare the card corectly.
2nd Question Do i need to do a data wipe.

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
If you go back to the old card, I'm assuming everything works?

Are you sure you copied everything, including hidden files? If you're using XP, in Explorer I believe it's Tools, Options (or was it file options?...)... then somewhere in there there's an option to allow you to view hidden files.

IIRC, the card needs to be formatted FAT32. For me, I didn't even go through the trouble you did. I just formatted the card, copied all the files from 1 card to another. Plugged in the new card and everything worked.

Good luck.

A8181

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
1. Backup all app by titanium backup
2. Backup your sdcard to PC
3. Flash Rom with new sdcard
4. Restore all app by titanium backup