Charging From an External Battery?

RRM707

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I bought the Splash Intense (5400 MAH). I charged the battery correctly, then plugged my Evo in. (I turned everything off, like 4g, wifi, bluetooth, etc)The battery icon in the upper right of my screen showed "charging", so it looks good, right? Leave it plugged in for 8 hrs or so, & after checking the battery status in the settings menu, it seems as my battery was depleting itself?? It went from full charge down to like 2 bars, while it was plugged into the pack! It seems as my phone was recharging the battery pack! Is this possible? Defective battery pack maybe....?

RRM707

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
No body else has had this problem? I emailed the company few times, this was their most recent reply:

Please accept our apology for the inconvenience with your order. Please confirm if the shipping address in your email below is the address we should ship a replacement to. Also, note that this particular issue is not uncommon with HTC batteries, they cause a reverse current with a charging device causing it to deplete. That said, a replacement should address the issue you are facing.

HTC batteries causing a reverse current? It does seem as though that is what is happening, but it doesn't make any sense. I left it plugged into the Splash overnight, & the next day the Evo was 100% DEAD, & the Splash was still 100% full!

codiac

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I had a non htc mini usb charger for an LG that was doing what you described, but only after the latest update. If there is an easy way to roll back the latest update, i'd give that a shot....i just ditched the cheap charger in my case.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89