Just bought my fiancee a Evo Shift!

DonnaJ415

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Okay so I am Definatly an Evo finatic, and I love everything it has to offer. I finally convinced my fiancee to upgrade his 2.5 year old Samsung bar phone (that he got we met each other) that can't even receive pic messages to an evo shift.

It finally came in the mail today and I gotta say... if I wasn't completely enamored with my 4.3 " screen its pretty effin awesome :) . He k nows nothing about android, so as i was taking all the software app links off the home pages I got to play around with the unit and how it feels.

I would have to say while I would probably never give up my 4.3 I really really like how the home screens rotate on the horizontal plane as u rotate the phone!

This is something I would really like to see come to the Evo... because to me... that is one thing I have always wished that it would do!

~~life is just evoliscious!~~

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Okay so I am Definatly an Evo finatic, and I love everything it has to offer. I finally convinced my fiancee to upgrade his 2.5 year old Samsung bar phone (that he got we met each other) that can't even receive pic messages to an evo shift.

It finally came in the mail today and I gotta say... if I wasn't completely enamored with my 4.3 " screen its pretty effin awesome :) . He k nows nothing about android, so as i was taking all the software app links off the home pages I got to play around with the unit and how it feels.

I would have to say while I would probably never give up my 4.3 I really really like how the home screens rotate on the horizontal plane as u rotate the phone!

This is something I would really like to see come to the Evo... because to me... that is one thing I have always wished that it would do!

If you want to replace your launcher with Launcher Pro or ADW from the market they'll rotate horizontally as well.

eldub1

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site

Well if think he will like Andriod and I'am sure your right. Here's the picture. He gets it, love you. He roots, love Andriod. Simple.

DonnaJ415

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
If you want to replace your launcher with Launcher Pro or ADW from the market they'll rotate horizontally as well.
It's just something about staying relatively.close to stock that I appreciate. I mean the stock developers took extrodinary efforts to create android... one should appreciate it for the beauty that it is

dan330

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
HTC + Android + Sense = awesome.

but you are missing out on ... so much more.. without ROOT. but that is ok.. :D enjoy.

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
It's just something about staying relatively.close to stock that I appreciate. I mean the stock developers took extrodinary efforts to create android... one should appreciate it for the beauty that it is

You can stay "uprooted" and change things up. Thats the beauty of Android. But just to throw this in there. HTC Sence is far from stock or "Vanilla" Android.

Don't get me wrong, Sence is nice. But it is very limited in how the user can set it up. The EVO is the first Android phone I've ever owned and after about a month or so I got bored and a bit annoyed with how I had to limit my own setup do to a few design ideas of HTC Sense. Like the lack of landscrape on the home screen and not being able to choose what apps I could launch using the launcher bar at the bottom of the screen. App drawer I can see, phone is ok... the EVO is a phone first, but a button to add apps and widgets to your home screen???? Why??? They give us the press and hold option on the home screen to do just that.

Using 3rd party launchers like LauncherPro, ADW, ZeamLauncher and GoLauncher let's the user not only make there device look really cool, but it also let's the user setup there device to be supper functional to there needs and style of use.

After setup Sense with folders, app icons and the small what nots I found myself only really using 3 pages. So I was always trying to find widgets(and ones that didn't suck down battery like crazy) to fill up the other 2 pages.

Most 3rd party launchers let you use as many or as little home screen pages that you want. As well as let you decide on what apps and functions are on your launcher bar.

Here's what I've done with my EVO using GoLauncher, Desktop Visualizer and some custom icons. I am rooted and running a custom Rom, but that has nothing to do with my theme.

xda-developers - View Single Post - [ICONS] black&white Icons

And tell your fiancee I said welcome to the revolution!!!!!

dany8907

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
You can stay "uprooted" and change things up. Thats the beauty of Android. But just to throw this in there. HTC Sence is far from stock or "Vanilla" Android.

Don't get me wrong, Sence is nice. But it is very limited in how the user can set it up. The EVO is the first Android phone I've ever owned and after about a month or so I got bored and a bit annoyed with how I had to limit my own setup do to a few design ideas of HTC Sense. Like the lack of landscrape on the home screen and not being able to choose what apps I could launch using the launcher bar at the bottom of the screen. App drawer I can see, phone is ok... the EVO is a phone first, but a button to add apps and widgets to your home screen???? Why??? They give us the press and hold option on the home screen to do just that.

Using 3rd party launchers like LauncherPro, ADW, ZeamLauncher and GoLauncher let's the user not only make there device look really cool, but it also let's the user setup there device to be supper functional to there needs and style of use.

After setup Sense with folders, app icons and the small what nots I found myself only really using 3 pages. So I was always trying to find widgets(and ones that didn't suck down battery like crazy) to fill up the other 2 pages.

Most 3rd party launchers let you use as many or as little home screen pages that you want. As well as let you decide on what apps and functions are on your launcher bar.

Here's what I've done with my EVO using GoLauncher, Desktop Visualizer and some custom icons. I am rooted and running a custom Rom, but that has nothing to do with my theme.

xda-developers - View Single Post - [ICONS] black&white Icons

And tell your fiancee I said welcome to the revolution!!!!!

Wow nice setup. Your homescreens look nice.

Sent from my Htc Evo 4G using Tapatalk

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Wow nice setup. Your homescreens look nice.

Thanks brother... took me a couple of days to setup completely, but its worth it. I don't even have to use the app drawer anymore. Probably half of the icons are really folders.

Just helped a buddy with an EVO set his up kind of the same way, just changed the color of the icons to red and he wanted all horizontal icons. Looks really cool to.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87