An Evo on Verizon?

Jashley73

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to find a phone for my wife, and the Evo is one of the few phones she likes that keeps popping up for sale on Craigslist. (Amazingly it's hard to find an Incredible at all, especially at a fair price)

Anyway, I know that Sprint and Verizon both use CDMA network technology. However is this for voice only? So anyway, would an Evo work on Verizon? (Sorry for the newbie question. I'll try to dodge the tomatoes... :)

Jashley73

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I should have mentioned that we're still under contract with her current BB. So paying the $750 full retail for a TB isn't much of an option. She's just ready to make the switch to an Android phone after seeing me switch to the Droid X. I should have also mentioned as well that neither of us care much about the 4G data for now. I don't expect the 4G service to work with Verizon's network, and it's not available in my area now. I am curious about the 3G service though...

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I would say yes if some how you could find an unlocked EVO?

But it would cost you a pretty penny though.

I would just get the TB.

snowwy66

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
no

esn's are programmed into the system. verizon won't activate any phone they don't sell. nether will sprint.

why would you want to pay twice the money for half the service anyways?

my old evdo windows mobile phone ran circles around verizons 3g blackberry storm 2 when tethered to my computer.

Jashley73

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
EVO's, at least in my area, can be had for less than $300 used, and are pretty abundant. It's one of the few phones that my wife finds "acceptable" so that's where my question comes from. The Thunderbolt is simply too expensive to purchase new at full retail price (we are still under contract.) And like I said, 4G service is unavailable in my area, so going without it would be no loss. Perhaps I'll keep looking for another device...

kd0axs

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
I think your best bet would be the Incredible. It's basically the same thing as an EVO, but with a little smaller screen and no 4G or HDMI. Try ebay, they seem to be going for right around $200.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G with Tapatalk

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
A rooted and ROMed fascinate will give some of the best performance out there. Quadrant score of 1500, faster rendering than the Moto Atrix, and can be had used for around $250. Just realize as long as it is stock, the Fascinate is limited. But once you root and ROM, it screams.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Verizon phones will not be activated on sprint, and sprint phones wont be activated on Verizon. Not possible unless you got some pretty good connections :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez