S23 Ultra and Verizon Network Extender in House

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else with a Verizon S23 Ultra that also has a Verizon Network Extender in their house? The girl at the Verizon Reseller showed me how to connect my S23 ultra, by going Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks > Network Extenders and the phone scans for them. My S23 Ultra scans and doesn't find mine ever. My extender is plugged into my local network and acts like a mini cell tower. The one I have has a color screen on the side and one button and I can see that mine is connected, has a lock on 8 of 11 satellites (used for location in E911 calls), and that it has (0) of (14) devices connected and has the right local IP address from a a DHCP reservation/static.
Pretty sure the extender is functioning properly....I have it set to 'Open' so passers by can connect....the mother of the doctor next door walks their dogs back and forth in front of my house and talks on the phone as she can't get a Verizon signal next door....even though we're up at about 900 feet above sea level on a ridgeline.
Anyway...if anyone has a suggestion or has the same gear and got it working, do tell.

dakini03

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else with a Verizon S23 Ultra that also has a Verizon Network Extender in their house? The girl at the Verizon Reseller showed me how to connect my S23 ultra, by going Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks > Network Extenders and the phone scans for them. My S23 Ultra scans and doesn't find mine ever. My extender is plugged into my local network and acts like a mini cell tower. The one I have has a color screen on the side and one button and I can see that mine is connected, has a lock on 8 of 11 satellites (used for location in E911 calls), and that it has (0) of (14) devices connected and has the right local IP address from a a DHCP reservation/static.
Pretty sure the extender is functioning properly....I have it set to 'Open' so passers by can connect....the mother of the doctor next door walks their dogs back and forth in front of my house and talks on the phone as she can't get a Verizon signal next door....even though we're up at about 900 feet above sea level on a ridgeline.
Anyway...if anyone has a suggestion or has the same gear and got it working, do tell.
You can try this: Place your Verizon Wireless phone within 15 feet of the Network Extender for up to 3 minutes to register your phone. You can confirm you are connected to the Network Extender by dialing #48. After registering with the Network Extender you can place and receive calls up to 40 feet away from the Network Extender.

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

gathome

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I have a Samsung network extender and my S23 Ultra connected to it with no problem. Is your extender at least a 4G model? Newer phones will not connect to a 3G extender.