Another Radioshack moron

Status
Not open for further replies.

NxTech3

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure where the "5 yrs back" requirement came from??....

Im not talking about just new sales, im talking any and every customer that walks throught the door. There are still customers out there who have PPC 6800's and Sanyo SCP-200s that come in asking questsions. Sprint/RadioShack/BestBuy arent going to spend the millions it would take to train for every phone in the lineup. As far as the actual thread topic, like ive previously stated in multiple posts in this thread, i agree the RS employee was bogus and should have had more knowledge and im a FIRM believer of if you dont know, ask someone who does. Especially since most customers are in the store to gain information... And again furthers my point to visit a Sprint Indirect Preferred Retailer, we as close to Sprint as possible, but without the lackadaisical attitude (at least out of my areas Corporate store)

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
As with all professions. There are some great employees and some who just want a payckeck and do the bare minimal to get by.
Some people just dont get it.
I have more often then not been let down at Rat Shack. But there have been a few times i was pleasently surprised.
Its always best to do your own research. If you want something done right do it your self. :)

Airwolf79

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Radio shack sells hundreds, if not thousands of products in an individual store. Do you really expect a retail clerk to know and be current on every single bit of information about every piece of technology they sell? Mobile devices are just one part of their sales. Do you expect them to know everything in detail about Blackberry, iOS, WebOS, and WP7 too? That's just the mobile side. What about the radios, televisions, cables, connectors, etc.

Don't be so arrogant.

I don't expect them to know every detail, just the basics. Otherwise how would you expect to be able to explain the differences between all the smartphones? And like some other people have mentioned, if you don't know the answer to someone's question, fine, but don't give the wrong information. Who goes to RS to buy TVs anyway? Radios? Sorry but nobody should be working at RS if they don't have a basic level of knowledge about electronics and wiring.

Telperion

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I don't expect them to know every detail, just the basics. Otherwise how would you expect to be able to explain the differences between all the smartphones? And like some other people have mentioned, if you don't know the answer to someone's question, fine, but don't give the wrong information. Who goes to RS to buy TVs anyway? Radios? Sorry but nobody should be working at RS if they don't have a basic level of knowledge about electronics and wiring.
Does it matter whether they know the differences or not if they make a sale? You weren't going to buy anyway, he knew that, so he had no motivation to get into a technological discussion with you.

One could also ask who goes into Radio Shack expecting to discuss the software versions of Android phones?

Airwolf79

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Does it matter whether they know the differences or not if they make a sale? You weren't going to buy anyway, he knew that, so he had no motivation to get into a technological discussion with you.

One could also ask who goes into Radio Shack expecting to discuss the software versions of Android phones?
It probably doesnt matter to you, since you obviously only care about the sale. What does his motivation have to do with giving customers the correct information about the products they're selling? He even showed me his Samsung Epic. Now, you're gonna tell me this guy shouldn't at least know the basics of the phone he owns? You're dillusional.

Telperion

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
It probably doesnt matter to you, since you obviously only care about the sale. What does his motivation have to do with giving customers the correct information about the products they're selling? He even showed me his Samsung Epic. Now, you're gonna tell me this guy shouldn't at least know the basics of the phone he owns? You're dillusional.
I own a Honda Accord, but does that mean I know the specifics of how VTEC functions? You own a computer, but do you know what the BIOS version is? Does your hard drive have the latest firmware?

Not everyone can be an expert on everything. He knows the basics; two screens, Android, Sprint, extra battery included. That's enough to be an effective salesperson. If someone coming into Radio Shack knows enough to ask if a phone has Froyo or Gingerbread, that person knows enough to know that the answer sits right there on Androidcentral for them.

The bottom line is that I think you went into Radio Shack and in the back of your mind you wanted to make a salesperson look foolish, you felt you succeeded, then came back here to ridicule him. In my opinion that's pretty low. I'm not looking to get into a insult hurling argument on here, but just look at your thread title and consider how it makes you look to be insulting an hourly wage sales kid at a retail electronics store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38