Speaking of root!

VISION or Z4

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

melficersx

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
which root app is better for temp rooting?

z4Root

or

VISIONary+

i notice that when i temp root with z4 i sometimes get a bad root and my phone restarts with no more z4 installed and SUPEREXTREMELY sluggish until i reboot and its back to normal. i was wondering if anyone has this problem or anything similar when using VISIONARY+. thanks for the mouthwords!!

grandebob

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
Visionary+ worked fine for me. I used it over z4 because the thread on how to root specifically said to. I've used z4 on an epic and a captivate with a mild amount of heartache, but it got the job done on those phones.

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
z4 was flaky at times lots of people had issues with it. Don't get me wrong the first time I rote up the temp root instructions it was based on z4root but people had issues including me. Temp root would fail about 20% of the time.

That said I have had Visionary fail on me before but very seldom.

+1 Visionary

melficersx

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
z4 was flaky at times lots of people had issues with it. Don't get me wrong the first time I rote up the temp root instructions it was based on z4root but people had issues including me. Temp root would fail about 20% of the time.

That said I have had Visionary fail on me before but very seldom.

+1 Visionary

have you used, or would you recommend using the option "temp root on startup" for visionary? would it cause any problems to the device.

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
have you used, or would you recommend using the option "temp root on startup" for visionary? would it cause any problems to the device.

When I was temp rooted I used the temp root on boot once and I got caught in a bad boot loop. It kept getting a bad root and would reset over and over. This happened for a while until the root finally caught and my phone was still acting wonky afterwards. I ended up unchecking it and rebooting just to get it to act right. That may not be common but that was my experience.

melficersx

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
When I was temp rooted I used the temp root on boot once and I got caught in a bad boot loop. It kept getting a bad root and would reset over and over. This happened for a while until the root finally caught and my phone was still acting wonky afterwards. I ended up unchecking it and rebooting just to get it to act right. That may not be common but that was my experience.

ooh! i dont want to get caught in that, that seems crazy. thanks for the words.

lotsopets

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Finally got temp root

I've been trying for weeks to temp root my Evo Shift with no luck til lastnight. When downloading Visionary, you have to be sure to have the correct file which reads com.modaco.visionary. I had another one before and it was not this file name so it didnt work. Good luck everyone.

anon(12930)

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I used Visionary+ but it wasn't a walk in the park... The first time I tried to temp root, my phone froze for about 30 seconds and then rebooted. When it came back up my phone was uber-slow, and the icon for Visionary+ was gone, but it was still installed. Had to reboot again to fix the speed and see the icon again. I tried temp root again, and it worked just fine that time.

cooknn

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I used Visionary+ but it wasn't a walk in the park... The first time I tried to temp root, my phone froze for about 30 seconds and then rebooted. When it came back up my phone was uber-slow, and the icon for Visionary+ was gone, but it was still installed. Had to reboot again to fix the speed and see the icon again. I tried temp root again, and it worked just fine that time.
That happens to me periodically as well.