Step-child for sure now

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone noticed that our EVO Shift 4G is no longer even listed on Sprint's available phones list? It's been just over a year and we're kicked to the curb. We never got much support from Sprint nor HTC since our phone was released a little over a year ago. Our phone has always been treated like the red-headed step-child, so now it looks like it's the official designation.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
So ... What is the logical "next" phone for a happy EVO shift user?

I'm eligible for an upgrade, but I'm holding off to see just what/when Sprint does with their OS, etc. I've got until the end of the year to take last advantage of the Premier program, so I'm taking my time to make the right decision. I've heard Sprint will be getting the Galaxy Note, which is my #1 choice. My #2 is the Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (I love that name; sounds like royalty). My friend has the latter, so I've been able to do hands-on and I really like it. But I'm really hoping the Note is in Sprint's immediate future. I have tremors, so touch screen typing can present problems for me. Large screens are a must, if there's no physical keyboard. And I love Swiftkey X! Even on our smaller screen, Swiftkey works great for me (since I rarely have to type a complete word). I'll wait a few months to see what comes from Sprint; LTE, ICS, new devices. My message to them would be not to make us wait too long, though, unless losing customers is going to help them. We're trying to be loyal, but that's a two-way street.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I played with the et4g and was not pleased... Speakerphone echo, horrible signal issues, but that's just my experience.

Sent from my Photon using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana