Friend Stream and battery life

glenninduluth

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Thought this might help for those having battery life issues. I haven't really found the battery life on the Shift to be all that bad myself. However, I did notice a big difference from yesterday and today. My usage doesn't vary much from day to day. But most days when I get home from work I am down to around 40% on the battery. Last night I removed the Friend Stream widget as it seemed redundant since the only social network I use is Facebook and I prefer the Facebook For HTC Sense app. Went to work today, used the phone like normal (I was even in more roaming areas today than normal) and when I got home from work I was still at 68% battery life left! Removing Friend Stream was the only change I made to the phone. My guess is Friend Stream eats a lot of power even when you have it set to sync only every two hours like I did. Hope this helps!

Reactions: kristi

Matty-Mo

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Yeah i delete almost all the widgets that come stock on the home screens, i have done this ever since i seen the amount of battery i saved when i first got the epic...

davecttt

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
agree

It does seem a bit redundant if all you have is Facebook. If however you have multiple groups that you "need" constant updates from it is a useful addition.

Those are the choices you have to make. Do I want a longer battery life or constant updating on friends and family, the exact weather conditions outside, sports scores etc.

I personally am fine waiting a half hour to find out that Billy went to the mall or that Susie thinks Johnny is cute. ;) Also do I need my phone to tell me that it is raining outside when I can hear it raining on the roof tops. These things may be important to you to know the second they become available, but for me I can wait until it is convenient for me to check.