Mystery Pics...

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
The other day I kept getting a bunch of mysterious pictures showing up in my gallery. They were pics of weird looking shopping bags with a BoredPanda.com logo on many of them. There were only about 15 different ones, but they were in there multiple times. There were over 400 of them. After turning off sync and repeatedly deleting them just for them to return I did the obvious. I formatted the sd card and performed a factory reset on my device. What did I wake up to this morning? Over 2000 mystery pics of ppl evacuating during a flood in my gallery.

Also, my internal memory slowly dropped from 200+mb to about 60mb during this.

Now what?

karnoff

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
check to see if you have any apps that cache to the SD. Two recent programs i started using that do it are Read It later and Pocket Cast. It cache's the images onto the SD card.

karnoff

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
Umm, not sure....i just recognized some of the pictures from the app. You could check the SD card explorer and see if any app has a made a folder and is caching pics?

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
That happened when I had Bejeweled on my phone. Pretty annoying. I think there's a way to have the pictures where the app needs them without having then show up in the gallery, but I'm not sure what it was.