WTB - Evo View or Kindle Fire

ad..

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I've got $200 to spend. What do you guys think, Kindle Fire or Evo View? I'm an android phone user, rooted & custom rom. Really enjoy my phone. I've played with the Kindle, and it's nice but the OS seems a little limited. I have not playing with the View, but it seems like a good deal at $197 from Sprint. Basically should do everything the Kindle does but add GPS, Camera, and data should I choose to activate a data plan.

How's the battery life on the Evo View compared to the KF?

I guess I'm leaning towards the View right now, unless someone strongly recommends against it. Or if the battery will not get me through a day without being charged.

Thanks

eric3316

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
That price from Sprint requires a 2 year contract and data plan. There have been sales from other websites recently for the View without a contract for $229 and they will probably show up again at that price somewhere.

I returned the Kindle Fire for the View. It just offers so much more. The Kindle Fire even rooted will still have its limitations that software won't fix.

ad..

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
On my corporate sprint account I can do an inactive upgrade of a phone line. So it will be a 2 year contract on one of our lines, but I don't need ot activate any data on the Evo View. Which brings up a question for me. Does the GPS on the View work even if you don't have data plan? I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't, but I want to make sure they are not tied together somehow.

eric3316

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
GPS is not tied together, it has a individual GPS chip. The View is by far the better device over the KF. There is nothing to even discuss there.

You also forgot to add the View has 32 gigs of built in memory plus expansion slot, 1GB RAM, hardware volume control buttons, and offers full fledge versions if GB and Honeycomb without having to root and run custom Roms which have their flaws on the KF.

Battery life seems to be the same for both devices so that should not be a deal breaker.

I honestly cannot see a reason to choose the KF over the View and I have owned both...

Last edited:

ad..

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I just placed the order for the View, and as a bonus they only extended by contract by a year instead of two years.

Thanks for the input.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Don't forget the scribe funcitonality on the View. My parents have the Fire and it's fine for them because they don't know how to use anything complicated.

When you ordered it from Sprint you may get the scribe included in the price. HSN was selling them that way last week.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo