Also, what happened to HTC Sketch app?

olifink

May 24, 2011
Visit site
A bit of a disappointment for the those (like me) who have been looking forward to use the Flyer for sketching (portable whiteboard type) is the omission of the HTC Sketch app..?!! It was supposed to allow capturing a pen drawing and then mail a video(!!) to show how it was created. Now I'm a huge fan of Dan Roams book "The Back of the napkin" and I was hoping for the Flyer to become my digital "napkin"
?
The Sktech app was in the original early "Official Presentation" YouTube video below go 2:14 min into the video see what it should have been.

this is now missing on the released device (interestingly, it has also been cut out of the current versions of this video from HTC). Also, there was a mention of it on early versions of the HTC website, all references to it are gone now as well - kind of unfair to tease this in pre-orders but not fulfil on shipping devices.

This, in addition to the missing "OnLive Gaming" and a preview-only version of "Watch" (at least in mainland Europe) makes it come down from the top spot of the tablet list..

bouncing

Feb 28, 2011
kenkinder.com
You're right. There's a Notes application that's pretty similar, but it doesn't replay your brush strokes like that.

I have a strong feeling that HTC didn't really finish the firmware before shipping the product. There are a lot of very nice pieces, certainly, but there are also things missing, like the drawing app. A few places it even refers to the device as a "phone."

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty