APK File Location?

GolpherZX

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
So, quick question as I start to experiment with different ROMs. Where are the APKs stored on the Hero? Specifically what I'm trying to do is fix the facebook sync issue with the DamageR2 release. I've tried searching through the XDA forums and it doesn't seem to have anythign there, except the APKs.

Then as I figured out you could do this morning (but couldn't do much experimenting, had to run to work) is that you could just install apk's from adb directly. That is how I was able to get ShopSavvy and BarcodeScanner installed again on my Hero. So I was then thinking that I might be able to get all of my applications that I install stored off market/device and on my PC, so that I can just install the APKs automatically via a script. Thus no more having to click and download every app that i use...

bruceleroyjr

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
From what I understand, when you install the APK on your Hero using the adb command line or File Manager app, it stores it on the internal memory of your phone.

xxwckdxx

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
The way i understand it is, the apks for say facebook sync are installed in /system/app/ along with your lockscreen, dialer, etc.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
^^^ correct, its there. You can verify this using an app like linda file manager and navigate to My Phone--> System (not sys)--> App and it should be in there. This is also where sprint apps are. You can delete them using the manager if you connect it to your pc, open up command prompt and cd into your sdk tools. For example for me, I woud type:
cd c:\android-sdk-windows\tools\
adb remount

This makes it rewritable so you can delete the files. BE CAREFUL THOUGH AS YOU CAN MESS UP YOUR PHONE IF YOU REMOVE THE WRONG FILES. You can push files to the same place, too. I no longer have the sync issues after doing this, so it works.