USB port on my Hero died

boomhower1820

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
Yesterday it was working fine. Flashed a new ROM and had it all set-up after an hour of downloading apps and customizing. For some reason it was running really slow and I said the heck with it, I'll work on it tomorrow. I get up this morning and it's dead. Which was weird because it had half a battery left. I turn it on and it starts booting, gets about half way through the splash screen and dies. So I go and plug it in, nothing. No charging light, nothing. When I plug it in the computer it said the USB device failed so I don't if it was seeing anything or not. To make matters worse Sprint just sent me a new one by mistake, they were supposed to send me a replacement Pre. This should be interesting. Anyone else have a USB port fail?

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I thought I did yesterday. I plugged in my car charger and nothing happened. I pulled it out and put it back in and it snapped in place (don't remember it snapping the first time) and all was good. I had a mini heart-attack though. I just need it to last until June 4th or later, something my Pre's couldn't do.