Hanging while downloading and/or installing market apps

tbhuang2

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I don't know exactly when this started happening (sometime in the past week or so), but very often when I want to download an app from the market (new or update), it will hang at "Starting download...," but won't show a % or any x/xxxx downloaded. Just the scrolling diagonal stripes. Sometimes I have to go back to the homescreen and wait, other times I have to just cancel it and try again.
Even after that, sometimes after the download is complete, it gets stuck at "Installing" and I'll have to start over again. Other times I leave it alone, and it actually finishes while still saying "Installing."
I'm running stock RUU 2.27.651.5 rooted, the only "tweak" I've done is removed some apks/odex files like Nascar, Peep, etc. Anyone have a clue as to what's going on?

Last edited:

wkj

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I have the same issue, not rooted running the latest .6 update. I think it's just our tired, old processor trying to keep up. I just ignore and go on to other things. The process will finish on its' own. :)

wkj

user7618

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I've had this problem in the past, though never bad enough to have to cancel and restart. I'm running honeybun lite oc'd to 710 mhz. I think it's more a market issue than a hardware one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo