Just got a hero, now what (apps) and a few q's

iknewya

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
firstly i have some questions:

1. how do i rearrange the "ALL programs"/menu icons ( want some of them higher up).

2. is there an app that will allow me to view a number of comics? like peanuts, garfield, but ONE app.

3. how do i view folders on hotmail, is there a better app out there for hotmail?

4. how do i organise my contacts? i noticed that in the messages app, i entered a friends name, but only the emails popped up, not his number....its on the sim though.

anyway, overall i'm happy, as the battery lasts at least day!
also its built well :)

Last edited:

wolf1989#AC

Oct 4, 2009
Visit site
You can't rearrange those.

If you want comics the program I use is called dailystrip.

Not sure what you mean as the hero doesn't use a sim card.

anon(12496)

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
Oh, a fellow GSM Hero owner, hello! At least I guess you own a GSM Hero, since you mentioned a SIM card... :) Lets see those questions!

1. As wolf said before me, you can't. They're in alphabetic order whether you like that or not, sorry. Try placing a few shortcuts to favorite apps on your home screens, that's what I do.

2. I don't use anything like this, so I can't help you with this one.

3. There are a couple of email apps in the market, however the way they work is the same: they are either POP3 or IMAP clients. And the built in Mail app is quite good actually. You can get info on setting up one of these protocols in Mail from the Hotmail site I guess, IMAP handles the folders on your account well. If you're looking for the kind of integration that the Gmail app has, I'm sorry, I can't help. That functionality goes way beyond POP or IMAP, we're talking about push email and an app written in house. I don't think Microsoft made an android app, but I might be wrong.

4. It seems that you can't access contacts by name if they are on the SIM card, only if they are in your phone's memory. I would advise you to import your contacts from your SIM regardless of this problem, because of the benefits! If you import them as Google contacts, they will stay synced and backed up in your Google account. You can do this by going to People, press menu and choose Import. Select if you want to import as Google or Phone (standard phone memory contact, no sync) and press okay. Of course, now you duplicated your contacts in People, so press menu, select View and uncheck SIM to hide SIM contacts. This way you keep them as extra backup, just in case.
edit: Forgot to mention, should you need to, you can import just one contact by selecting it in People, then press menu and choose Save to contacts. And you can save a phone contact to SIM, select the contact, press menu, then choose More -> Save to SIM

Last edited:

iknewya

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
ohh some responses! :)

thanks, will look into those things

Yep i'm a GSM user, didnt know the non-gsm lot had no sim! werid stuff!