Official Post Photos Taken W/ Your myTouch 4G

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Spring 2010 Core i5 MacBook Pro

Left the original size so everyone can see the actual quality. :)

Maybe its just me but image quality looks a tad blurry. I pressed the shutter button half way down and made sure images where in focus before taking the pic?

jbjtkbw007

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
I understand your concern with the second shot. Still, I don't think this phone has that great of a macro like setting, so the track pad looks a little close to the lens and should be blurred as the focus was on the keys and beyond.

Third image looks great to me. What distance was that? About 6-9 inches? (hold all jokes please!)

With the first, I had to go back and look, but yes, I do see some blur, but that could be lack of lighting or a slight shake in the hand. Otherwise, it's a good pic that I can make out words and everything.

Just remember, it is a camera phone, so for what you have, overall, these are pretty good shots. Not great, but they are good. Good enough to take pics to post and for eBay and what not. We are looking at these on a computer monitor (30" here at 2560x1600) btw, so yeah, I'm pleased with what you produced. Nice Job!

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I understand your concern with the second shot. Still, I don't think this phone has that great of a macro like setting, so the track pad looks a little close to the lens and should be blurred as the focus was on the keys and beyond.

Third image looks great to me. What distance was that? About 6-9 inches? (hold all jokes please!)

With the first, I had to go back and look, but yes, I do see some blur, but that could be lack of lighting or a slight shake in the hand. Otherwise, it's a good pic that I can make out words and everything.

Just remember, it is a camera phone, so for what you have, overall, these are pretty good shots. Not great, but they are good. Good enough to take pics to post and for eBay and what not. We are looking at these on a computer monitor (30" here at 2560x1600) btw, so yeah, I'm pleased with what you produced. Nice Job!

Thanks. The distance was about 6-6.5 in. I completely understand that not every aspect of the photo will be clear. I do think my hand slightly moved for the first shot.

Here is a photo of my globe. I took this about 10 inches away.

jbjtkbw007

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
Thanks. The distance was about 6-6.5 in. I completely understand that not every aspect of the photo will be clear. I do think my hand slightly moved for the first shot.

Here is a photo of my globe. I took this about 10 inches away.

Wow, that pic looks FANTASTIC. Even with the brightness of the flash, that pic is clear as day. I like it. I think when you allow a bit more distance on some of these close shots, you obviously get a better photo.

I think you've just been practicing is all ;)

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Wow, that pic looks FANTASTIC. Even with the brightness of the flash, that pic is clear as day. I like it. I think when you allow a bit more distance on some of these close shots, you obviously get a better photo.

I think you've just been practicing is all ;)

LOL, yeah I'm gonna try taking some more with different lighting and angles. Hey I see you had a Droid Incredible, can I ask how your experience with that phone was? I was actually gonna get it until I found out about the reception and call quality.

jbjtkbw007

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
LOL, yeah I'm gonna try taking some more with different lighting and angles. Hey I see you had a Droid Incredible, can I ask how your experience with that phone was? I was actually gonna get it until I found out about the reception and call quality.

Call quality and reception was never a problem (at least here in Central Florida). Battery life was abyssmal. Accessories from Seidio left me not liking Seidio or the Incredible. The features were great and the phone was very fast. Feels small now in my hand after having the Droid X and it's slimmer than the MT4G. Just wasn't for me. I only had it for a month before getting the DX and I still have it. Just not activated.

mcwuppy

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for the noob question but how do I transfer photos and videos from my mytouch 4g to my pc (windows 7) by plugin in by usb. When I plug in the phone via usb the Removable Disk storage opens up with plenty of files and folders but I don't see the folder with the pictures and videos I took. The only folder I see that has photos in them is the wallpaper folder. I'm guessing its saving the files to the phone memory and not the removable mini sidi card it came with (how do I fix this?) and where can I find the photos and videos I took?

jbjtkbw007

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
Sorry for the noob question but how do I transfer photos and videos from my mytouch 4g to my pc (windows 7) by plugin in by usb. When I plug in the phone via usb the Removable Disk storage opens up with plenty of files and folders but I don't see the folder with the pictures and videos I took. The only folder I see that has photos in them is the wallpaper folder. I'm guessing its saving the files to the phone memory and not the removable mini sidi card it came with (how do I fix this?) and where can I find the photos and videos I took?

Well you have it showing as a usb drive which is good. Now, browse the drive (open folder to view files) and look for the following:

dcim->100MEDIA and your pictures and videos are there. Drag and drop away.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Call quality and reception was never a problem (at least here in Central Florida). Battery life was abyssmal. Accessories from Seidio left me not liking Seidio or the Incredible. The features were great and the phone was very fast. Feels small now in my hand after having the Droid X and it's slimmer than the MT4G. Just wasn't for me. I only had it for a month before getting the DX and I still have it. Just not activated.

Lol, so you had Verizon and switched to T-Mobile for the myTocuh 4G? Verizon has more coverage than T-Mobile but more $$$.

Anyway, to stay on topic here...

mcwuppy

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Well you have it showing as a usb drive which is good. Now, browse the drive (open folder to view files) and look for the following:

dcim->100MEDIA and your pictures and videos are there. Drag and drop away.

Thanks for the help, I was on the phone with TMo tech support for 20 mins scratching our heads. I was about to return this phone for an HD7 LOL.
Thanks for the help. :D

jbjtkbw007

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the help, I was on the phone with TMo tech support for 20 mins scratching our heads. I was about to return this phone for an HD7 LOL.
Thanks for the help. :D

Don't thank me directly. I used to work digital technical support for Olympus products and that file structure is an industry standard for Digital Camera IMages, hence the dcim.

Glad I could help.:p

jbjtkbw007

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
Lol, so you had Verizon and switched to T-Mobile for the myTocuh 4G? Verizon has more coverage than T-Mobile but more $$$.

I've been on all the major carriers, some way shorter than others. I went to AT&T to get an iPhone 3GS. That was the shortest time I've ever had a phone. 3 weeks and I took it from here to LA and back, and it just performed so bad from call quality to battery life to sluggishness (yes, the phone bogs down from a lot of apps and music taking up space, so Steve Jobs and his cronies can bl*w me on their whole performance biasing). I ran back to AT&T and got my money back and went back to Verizon.

I started on Sprint waaaaaaay back in the day. First phone was a Qualcomm QCP something. It was a 'thin' phone. Was with them for several years before I went to Verizon for the data coverage (where I was working up north, they had EVDO coverage where Sprint did not). Went back to Sprint to get the Pre. Had it for 2 months. Had promise, but the lack of support (and the impending approach of the Droid army) had me go back to Verizon again.

As you see, I'm about data on my phone, which led me here to T-Mo. The speeds here are unmatched and while not as high as I've seen some people getting, I can pull 5mb regularly here and when I was in Austin, TX back at the beginning of December. Never went over 1.4mb with VZW.

And here I am. Something to be said for being the small guy in town. Not as many people clogging the bandwidth. Works fine for me! I get great coverage, no dropped calls, and even better data speeds. I'm loving it. Oh yeah, the phone isn't too shabby either. ;)

Sorry, enough hi-jacking. Back to talking about photos everyone. Move along......

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I've been on all the major carriers, some way shorter than others. I went to AT&T to get an iPhone 3GS. That was the shortest time I've ever had a phone. 3 weeks and I took it from here to LA and back, and it just performed so bad from call quality to battery life to sluggishness (yes, the phone bogs down from a lot of apps and music taking up space, so Steve Jobs and his cronies can bl*w me on their whole performance biasing). I ran back to AT&T and got my money back and went back to Verizon.

I started on Sprint waaaaaaay back in the day. First phone was a Qualcomm QCP something. It was a 'thin' phone. Was with them for several years before I went to Verizon for the data coverage (where I was working up north, they had EVDO coverage where Sprint did not). Went back to Sprint to get the Pre. Had it for 2 months. Had promise, but the lack of support (and the impending approach of the Droid army) had me go back to Verizon again.

As you see, I'm about data on my phone, which led me here to T-Mo. The speeds here are unmatched and while not as high as I've seen some people getting, I can pull 5mb regularly here and when I was in Austin, TX back at the beginning of December. Never went over 1.4mb with VZW.

And here I am. Something to be said for being the small guy in town. Not as many people clogging the bandwidth. Works fine for me! I get great coverage, no dropped calls, and even better data speeds. I'm loving it. Oh yeah, the phone isn't too shabby either. ;)

Sorry, enough hi-jacking. Back to talking about photos everyone. Move along......

LOL, been with T-Mobile for 5 years now and I was gonna switch to Verizon to get the Droid Incredible. I decided against that because T-Mobile really gives you the best bang for the buck. My problem was, I couldn't get a new phone unless I payed full price for it due to my plan. The Even More Plus which they just phased out. I went back on contract with one of their new promotional plans (1500 mins, unlimited everything else for $79.99) and got the myTouch 4G which is great. The highest speed I've gotten so far is 5mb download and 1mb upload.

Anyway, I had to take some pics today for comparing prices. I also got a pic of inside the store which obviously has great lighting.

Reactions: Dancinkitty6

jbjtkbw007

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
The diapers pic actually looks better than the one in the store. I think that store lighting is what is causing the crappy exposure and thus, blurred background.

BlackPrince310

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
IMG_20101228_135131.jpg

This phone takes amazing pictures, I'm stunned. When I go places I don't even need to carry a camera with me.