Now Listed on HTC Online Shop

pgood4

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
The one is now listed on the HTC Americas Shop page. It was put up sometime last night, but you still can't order. When clicking the link it now asks for a password. One interesting thing is that in addition to the dev and carrier models there is also an option for an unlocked 32GB model.

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
The one is now listed on the HTC Americas Shop page. It was put up sometime last night, but you still can't order. When clicking the link it now asks for a password. One interesting thing is that in addition to the dev and carrier models there is also an option for an unlocked 32GB model.
But you can't actually buy either of the unlocked models..

pgood4

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
You can't buy any of them yet, but this is an update to their site as of last night. Previously the phone wasn't even on the shopping site.

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
You can't buy any of them yet, but this is an update to their site as of last night. Previously the phone wasn't even on the shopping site.
Yeah I get that, my point is that if you click the carrier versions you're taken to their sites. If you click the unlocked ones you're asked for a username and password. It's just a really bad user experience, why even launch the page if it isn't functional? Just put up a coming soon page.

eak1570

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I get that, my point is that if you click the carrier versions you're taken to their sites. If you click the unlocked ones you're asked for a username and password. It's just a really bad user experience, why even launch the page if it isn't functional? Just put up a coming soon page.

Just preorder from best buy website for $699 off-contract(I may cancel if AT&T off-contract price is cheaper tonight)

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Just preorder from best buy website for $699 off-contract(I may cancel if AT&T off-contract price is cheaper tonight)
I was told in another thread that that phone will be AT&T branded and OS updates will have to come through AT&T though. Is that correct? Also, they don't have the 64gb model right?

eak1570

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I was told in another thread that that phone will be AT&T branded and OS updates will have to come through AT&T though. Is that correct? Also, they don't have the 64gb model right?

yes, still AT&T phone and Best Buy have only 32GB..

Suda

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site

If you're talking about the unlocked OEM versions, no. It will get updates from HTC instead of being at the carriers discretion and won't be branded. If you're talking about going to AT&T and buying off-contract from them, then yes. It'd be the same phone they'd give you if you were signing a 2 year deal.

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for clearing that up. I'll be waiting for the link on HTCs site for the unlocked 64gb device to actually work then.

pgood4

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Although the link still asks for a password I was able to call the phone number and order with one of their agents. I have an email confirmation of the order and a few other people on XDA have the same. Some people have said they were told it could not be ordered, but the person I spoke with was able to place the order so you might want to call back if you get someone that says it can't be ordered.

Edit: To clarify, I ordered the developer edition.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
When is the developer edition available for shipping? Did they give you an availability date or when you can expect shipping?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

pgood4

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
They didn't show a date and indicated it was on backorder, which is what I expected. Some folks on XDA are being told that it would ship today, but I'm guessing that is not accurate since my order number is earlier than some of the people who are being told that. When they announced the developer version they indicated it would ship when the carrier versions shipped so I expect it sometime around the 19th. Hopefully sooner, but I'm not holding my breath!

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
They didn't show a date and indicated it was on backorder, which is what I expected. Some folks on XDA are being told that it would ship today, but I'm guessing that is not accurate since my order number is earlier than some of the people who are being told that. When they announced the developer version they indicated it would ship when the carrier versions shipped so I expect it sometime around the 19th. Hopefully sooner, but I'm not holding my breath!

Im going to try to order one. Did you just go to the support page and then sales?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

madkoda12

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
so it seems like they took it down from the website, but I was able to call and speak to someone and she told me that earlier today they were able to put in their usernames and passwords in order to place the orders on the phone but that the site was having some glitches and was being updated and to try again later.

pgood4

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Yep, back to the old site. I think part of the problem was that the developer edition was listed at $599 as opposed to $649. My order shows $599, but I'm expecting they'll send me a message saying that was in error. It's also possible that the agents weren't supposed to be able to place orders yet.

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Although the link still asks for a password I was able to call the phone number and order with one of their agents. I have an email confirmation of the order and a few other people on XDA have the same. Some people have said they were told it could not be ordered, but the person I spoke with was able to place the order so you might want to call back if you get someone that says it can't be ordered.

Edit: To clarify, I ordered the developer edition.
Just called to order the developer edition. Was told it was on backorder and they weren't taking orders. If anyone has success placing an order please post the operators extension and name, they should give it to you at the end of the call.

pgood4

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
A post over on XDA indicated an HTC Manager said the orders were a mistake and would be cancelled. Hopefully they just hold the order until the actual release as opposed to canceling and making us re-order. I'll update when I hear something from HTC. As of this moment I still have a valid order number from them for the developer device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non