Preparing for the ONE..Full backup/restore with/without root?

sjcdal

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I have rooted, Titanium backed up Sprint/EVO LTE. How can I get the apps AND DATA moved to the ONE on Sprint when it arrives without a rooted ROM immediately available?

If that isn't possible, how close can we come to this?

uh60james

May 16, 2010
Visit site
You may be able to use the app Titanium Backup. I know it will back up apps and data but I have never tried to use it to restore the apps and data to a different model phone.

CaCHooKaMan

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
does carbon actually back up the app or does it just download the app from the market then restore the data? if it doesnt actually back up the app then it wouldnt be a viable option for me to use and ill have to wait for the phone to get rooted.

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I use My Backup Pro, it works on unrooted devices as well. You don't need to backup apps anymore, google play start installing your apps on the new device as soon as you login.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

sjcdal

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I have MyBackupPro also installed...but on unrooted (and for me even when rooted) it does nothing to back up the data/settings that goes with all those apps.
Change to Sense5 will not make restoring home screens possible during the upgrade from LTE to ONE, but I would like something that would back up those painstakingly created scenes. That takes forever to restore.

sjcdal

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
does carbon actually back up the app or does it just download the app from the market then restore the data? if it doesnt actually back up the app then it wouldnt be a viable option for me to use and ill have to wait for the phone to get rooted.
Being reminded of Carbon in another thread, I downloaded that and am in the process of backing it up to dropbox. It indicates it will not restore from Dropbox without the $4.99 pro version. If you can tell me positive experience in Carbon restoring with settings/data on a different platform I will happily spring for the pro version.

jiggyb21

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Using your pc as the host for Carbon worked great for me. No root needed. Also you have the option to back up the entire app, not just a redownload.

Am I alone..... When I get a new device I like to set it up from scratch. I'm going to be playing with it nonstop anyway.

Xsie

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Using your pc as the host for Carbon worked great for me. No root needed. Also you have the option to back up the entire app, not just a redownload.

Am I alone..... When I get a new device I like to set it up from scratch. I'm going to be playing with it nonstop anyway.

Your last comment, no your not alone. That's just part of the ritual for me.

RussST24

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Being reminded of Carbon in another thread, I downloaded that and am in the process of backing it up to dropbox. It indicates it will not restore from Dropbox without the $4.99 pro version. If you can tell me positive experience in Carbon restoring with settings/data on a different platform I will happily spring for the pro version.

I have used Carbon to backup on my GNex and restore to my non rooted Nexus 7 without any issues. Just selected a few games and backed them up and then when restoring it installs from the market and then restores the data.
As it using the official Android backup/restore method I would hope it would work between OS versions aswell.
Hoping the HTC One does not block the backup/restore method as I know Motorola and Sony seem to be disabling it in their OS builds.

Russ

matt daughtry

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Does carbon work on gs4 ? Just curious I'm not rooted and I don't use a PC much.. I have some apps that I wanna keep because they work and there updated and don't work or they update and don't work on my system. .one is just gone..it's on my phone but not in play store nor does it show up in my apps in PS. How can I save it and get it on my wife's same kinda phone gs but we can no longer find the app...mine works great though.? Help

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo