HTC Mail - Getting Gmail Account setup for push delivery?

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
On my HTC EVO 4G LTE phone, I was able to setup the HTC email app to treat my Gmail account as a ActiveSync Exchange account and push my email (i.e., it arrives immediately when received by the Google email servers). I used the server name of "m.google.com", user name of "myname@gmail.com", etc. It worked great on my previous HTC smartphone, but I get an error message when I try to set it up the same way using the HTC mail app on my new One. I've used this same method on all my other Android devices and it works fine.

Has anyone gotten this to work on their HTC One?

Thanks.

cheeta186

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Can you not simply use the Gmail app? That treats it like a push server, but I do not know how to do this in the stock email app.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Google has done away with push sync for 3rd party mail apps. You are stuck with the Gmail client if you would like that feature.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

BiGsMiLeSKyLe

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for hijacking this thread but i have a similar issue with the Gmail app, it keeps on turning off the push function, i have to keep in checking the box in the Gmail app to sync email, anyone know why it would turn off, I'm not on battery saver btw.

Went from an HTC 3D to a One

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89