Switch from Lumia 920 to HTC One?

pavvento

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

I am a longtime Windows Phone user and love my 920. I am, however, considering switching to the HTC One. I have a few questions that I was hoping some of you might be able to answer:

1- Camera: I love the low-light camera on my 920. I've never seen anything like it on a phone, but the daylight photos aren't the best. Do you think the One will at least be close to the 920?

2- Contacts: I love that WP integrates a contact's Facebook, Twitter, and personal information into one contact. I can open my contacts and post on Facebook, text, mention on twitter, or just look through photos. Does Android offer something similar?

3- HERE Transit: I haven't used Google Maps on a phone in a long time so this could be a dumb question, but HERE transit lets me plan a journey and tells me all the trains/busses to take and the times they arrive. It also lets me see the real-time bus/train information. Does Google Maps on Android have this?

Thanks a lot!

Jaymil

Neutronbomb
Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

I am a longtime Windows Phone user and love my 920. I am, however, considering switching to the HTC One. I have a few questions that I was hoping some of you might be able to answer:

1- Camera: I love the low-light camera on my 920. I've never seen anything like it on a phone, but the daylight photos aren't the best. Do you think the One will at least be close to the 920?

2- Contacts: I love that WP integrates a contact's Facebook, Twitter, and personal information into one contact. I can open my contacts and post on Facebook, text, mention on twitter, or just look through photos. Does Android offer something similar?

3- HERE Transit: I haven't used Google Maps on a phone in a long time so this could be a dumb question, but HERE transit lets me plan a journey and tells me all the trains/busses to take and the times they arrive. It also lets me see the real-time bus/train information. Does Google Maps on Android have this?

Thanks a lot!

1. I've had both. I haven't done a ton of testing with the One camera yet but it seems to be pretty much on par. Can't say for certain if it's a little better or a little worse but it's pretty close.

2. This is one of the things that sense actually kinda does better than stock android. You can go through the contacts app and it works a lot like the people app on WP8... it will show their contact info but also status updates and posts from facebook and such.

3. Google maps and navigation is waaaay better than HERE in my opinion. I don't use mass transit much but using the DC metro it was way easier to navigate stops using the google maps.

Jaymil

Neutronbomb
Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Not exactly like it.. but there are plenty of widgets with that functionality... at least for posting to facebook and twitter at the same time. As far as notifications, you can set the facebook and twitter apps to give you push notifications anyway so you won't need to check.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I definitely would do it. I came from a 900, and though I still love the design language of WP better, the ecosystem on Android and the apps are much, much stronger and lead to a much better experience.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87