Organizing Contracts on HTC One

ewgrosschris

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm enjoying the switch to android from iphone the past few days except for all the messy contact organization. It seems like it's constantly trying to link contacts. I have duplicates of everyone it seems for instance is my friend Alex Wankerl for example has a facebook, google+ gmail and I have his number in my contacts it just messes everything up.

Can anyone offer some insight on a easy way to organize contacts.

I normally just use my contacts portion of my phone for just numbers stored. I have two gmail accounts on the phone but don't need to have them in my contact book. And I have facebook but don't need my facebook friends in there either. I'm sure I'm just missing some button or option or something.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Open the contacts app. At the top where it says phonebook, tap it and a drop down should appesr that will show you all the contact sources you can currently see. Uncheck the sources you don't want to see and there you go.

And if you want to remove certain contacts altogether go to settings>accounts>go to the account you want and uncheck contacts for syncing.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

mo-bile#AC

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Open the contacts app. At the top where it says phonebook, tap it and a drop down should appesr that will show you all the contact sources you can currently see. Uncheck the sources you don't want to see and there you go.

And if you want to remove certain contacts altogether go to settings>accounts>go to the account you want and uncheck contacts for syncing.

What if I want contacts from all those sources but want to merge say Jane Doe from facebook with Jane Doe from Google? I like being able to go through and see their updates and galleries in the contact details, but it's separated out with multiple contacts from different sources. I tried the merge function but it doesn't seem to let me choose which contacts to merge.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
What if I want contacts from all those sources but want to merge say Jane Doe from facebook with Jane Doe from Google? I like being able to go through and see their updates and galleries in the contact details, but it's separated out with multiple contacts from different sources. I tried the merge function but it doesn't seem to let me choose which contacts to merge.

Select one of the contacts then tap menu then tap link. You should see options appear.... current links (if any), suggested links (if any), an option to link to facebook contact or other contacts. Tap other contacts and it'll take you to your contacts list to get the contact you want to link it with.

mo-bile#AC

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Select one of the contacts then tap menu then tap link. You should see options appear.... current links (if any), suggested links (if any), an option to link to facebook contact or other contacts. Tap other contacts and it'll take you to your contacts list to get the contact you want to link it with.

Thank you, that did it! Now I just have to do that for all my contacts :/

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Thank you, that did it! Now I just have to do that for all my contacts :/

Yeah I'm surprised the merge feature isn't working for you. It usually does a good job in linking contacts. It really didn't provided you with any possible links settings>manage contacts>merge contacts?

mo-bile#AC

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I'm surprised the merge feature isn't working for you. It usually does a good job in linking contacts. It really didn't provided you with any possible links settings>manage contacts>merge contacts?

Found it! Manage Contacts>Linked Contacts

This pulls up a list of all suggested links and allows you to link all or dismiss in one fell swoop! All done. Thanks!

ewgrosschris

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I still find this a truly frustrating experience between the pictures showing pixilated and everything. I'm tempted to start over again and manually input every contact. Google seems to add every goddamn person I've ever emailed ever.