How to take FB pictures out of your HTC one gallery

ddillon80

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Actually 2 things -

1) The 4.2.2 upgrade (whenever we get it) supposedly fixes this issue.

2) It has been found that you CAN get the FB pics out of the gallery while maintaining FB app functionality.

To do this you have diable facebook in the app manager, then break the link in the gallery app, then re-enable facebook in the app manager.

I started a separate thread about this that got no replies so I'll try in this thread. It's fairly easy to get the FB photos out of the gallery following the steps listed above, however that only works IF you do not have FB enabled in BlinkFeed. I happen to like BlinkFeed and I also like having my FB news feeds enabled in BlinkFeed but that causes all of the FB photos to show up in the gallery (not in "My Photos" but when you first open the gallery). Does anyone know if it's possible to have FB enabled in BlinkFeed but avoid having the FB news feed photos displayed in the gallery?

Soraya Malvaiz

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Go to your Gallery, hit the 3 ventricle dots at the upper right hand corner. You will get a hide/show albums, hit the show/hide albums and uncheck facebook, picassa etc. Then they will not show up in your Gallery and you do not have to log off FB. :D

dr0idz

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I went to settings and there was one that said accounts/sync. I "removed" facebook from the list and of course it logged me out of facebook. But when I re-logged in facebook asked me if I wanted to sync my contacts and all that, and I said nooooo. haha. Now there are no facebook pics showing up in my gallery or my contacts at all :D It was driving me crazy, if I wanted to call any of them I'd have them in my phone already, and I don't wanna be bombarded with their pictures outside of facebook! :mad:

Darrien231

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Go to Settings. Then scroll down to Apps. Next go to "ALL" not Downloaded or Running but "ALL". Then scroll down to "Facebook for HTC Sense" Select this app & Force Disable. This will stop FB pics from loading on your HTC One.

I hope this helps.

ianstewart198

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
To remove FB photos from gallery go to
App drawer
Gallery
Click on my photos
Click the menu button - top right (3 dots)
Click show/hide albums
Uncheck FB and whatever else you don't want to see

You must have photos in the download folder to turn that folder on/off

**The tab at the top of some gallery windows is a drop-down menu (events, albums and location)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

worked perfectly! Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana