Am I missing something on the email app?

j7469

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Today I picked up an HTC One and am using AT&T's 14 return period to see if I can switch from an iPhone 5. As a long time iPhone user I am use to seeing emails with full pictures and embedded HTML auto loaded when I open an email. I have searched both the forums and google with no avail, to me I expected to see multiple threads and google results on this. Is there a way to get my iCloud, Yahoo, work email (all loaded into the email app) open up like emails in the GMail app?

I look forward all your responses and thank in advance for the help.

bandityo

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
In the GMail app you can set it to auto fit screen and hit display images always and they will always appear next time. I came from iphone5 last week and actually am loving it..Been on iphones since 2007

AceRockolla

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I know what you mean. I had the same reaction. But with most things in android there is a switch or app that can help. For this issue I downloaded the AquaMail app. It's great. Opens as HTML and gives you zoom option to view whole email. Check it out.

j7469

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I know what you mean. I had the same reaction. But with most things in android there is a switch or app that can help. For this issue I downloaded the AquaMail app. It's great. Opens as HTML and gives you zoom option to view whole email. Check it out.

Thanks for the recommendation on aqua mail, it's great.

On a side note, I know do have the ability to choose to see pictures in my other emails. What I think happened was emails that were previously received didn't have an option to view pictures. Now all new emails do. Something about previously been read I assume.

Kylazin

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Since we are on the topic, does anyone know how to set up iCloud in the native HTC mail app? I've tried the server settings I've always used but it gives me an error about outgoing server not using authentication. Could someone possibly post their iCloud mail server settings for me?

Thanks!

aaronlam

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
That "p04" tigon is going to be different for people. You have to look on you Mac iCloud settings to see which you are. I am p02.

Anubis1

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site

Yep I agree, I tried the free one and a day later paid for the pro. Nice email app :)

robsawalker

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I think he means that a little picture of the sender appears next to the subject in the inbox. Try Kaiten Mail, it's pretty close to what I think you want?

GAv-l_YIsQ9ZBkyRc15Ogrj-AuuIfvpuhlsciA29jwfSNJw6W4xFuBB6prVNqdLsumk

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty