HTC One MMS, Sprint

obnpolo

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I'm a recent iPhone user, and this is my first android phone. So far so good, although I'm starting to have regrets about a few things. The major issue I see is MMS. Every picture I send turns into a compressed 39kb image. I send a lot of pictures, so this is extremely frustrating. Is there any way to fix this? I have a maximum message size of 2mb, but it will not compress above 39kb. :'( So basically every picture I send looks as though its a thumbnail with blur and no clarity as when I took it.

mrbootcrm

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Depending on which carrier you are sending to you might need to adjust message size lower. People on att never seem to get my pictures unless I set to 500k. Verizon seems similar. I use Handcent and keep max message size at 1m and I'm pretty sure pictures I send stay pretty close to original. Setting at 2m might be too big so the phone overcompensates. That's just a guess though.

leez

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Depending on which carrier you are sending to you might need to adjust message size lower. People on att never seem to get my pictures unless I set to 500k. Verizon seems similar. I use Handcent and keep max message size at 1m and I'm pretty sure pictures I send stay pretty close to original. Setting at 2m might be too big so the phone overcompensates. That's just a guess though.

In this case, the issue he's describing is actually starting phone-side, not carrier. I've outlined this same problem in another thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-one/270545-change-mms-sending-size.html

Interestingly, as others have pointed out, if you attach a second picture to your message, often that will attach at full size, leaving you able to delete the first one and leave that there. It's a weird bug, I think.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo