Do any of you use spotify?

nolanz14

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I've been using spotify premium for over a year now and love it. I do sync up new releases not yet on spotify but everything else I need is on there. Offline mode is also useful for when I travel. I don't have a ton of time to manage my library and itunes was nothing more than a repository since I never bought music from it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I used to. Google just started their streaming service and are going to give 30 days free.. I am probably going to try it.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368793041043.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368793041043.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 44

Kylazin

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I've been a Spotify user since it came to the US. I loved it and have tons of playlists on it, however with Google's new music all access allowing me to blend my own music seamlessly with their library for $2 less a month, I'll be converting.

czrman99

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Using Spotify. Satisfied. The new Google service does not let you download, at least I don't think, I can't find a way to. That sucks, no connection or slow connection and you are a**ed out

Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums

Kylazin

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Using Spotify. Satisfied. The new Google service does not let you download, at least I don't think, I can't find a way to. That sucks, no connection or slow connection and you are a**ed out

You can "pin" music which is the same as making it available offline. I do it by album or playlist.

Sailindawg

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Try both services, Spotify & Play Full Access. Both very similar, both will save music to your device for offline play. I think that the Google service is better for the money. More varied content so far. Radio service doesn't seem to repeat songs like Spotify. Try then both out, the decide which fits you best.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

It does let you save to your phone.

mmohn01

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
9.99/month is a bit steep for music streaming. I just use Pandora for 3.99 and I can skip any of the songs I don't want to hear.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
First, I don't think any of these are available up here (Canada) and if is it's usually watered down version.

Second, I would rather spend $1.29 on Tracks I actually love. Besides I only have 6GB Data and need it for TuneIn (ESPN, The Herd, NFL), YouTube, etc.

Like Satellite Radio, I don't think it's worth it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
9.99/month is a bit steep for music streaming. I just use Pandora for 3.99 and I can skip any of the songs I don't want to hear.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Pandora has monthly subscriptions? I could of swore they only had the 36$ for a year.

Now I have Slacker Radio and it's 3.99 a month with unlimited skips.. If that's what your talking about because I know Pandora does not allow unlimited skips even with the yearly subscription.

TourATL

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Yep, Pandora has an either or 3.99/ 36$ option. I used to used Sony's music unlimited because of the PS3 app, but their radio stations were really bad.

nolanz14

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Why people still use Pandora is beyond me. I don't want to have to skip through a bunch of songs they think I might like. I want the power to choose songs I want to listen to or have the option for suggestions.The new Google service doesn't have much to make me switch from Spotify, at least right now.

dtblair24

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I have been using spotify for over a year now. It is pretty great but does have its quirks. I am giving Google Music's All Access a try though. So far for me the song selection for All Access seems just as vast Spotify. So in the end I might make the switch since Google's All Access is a bit cheaper at $7.99

- - - Updated - - -

I have been using spotify for over a year now. It is pretty great but does have its quirks. I am giving Google Music's All Access a try though. So far for me the song selection for All Access seems just as vast Spotify. So in the end I might make the switch since Google's All Access is a bit cheaper at $7.99

3Dee

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Use Spotify and love love love it. To be able to access and offline sync at my choosing pretty much any of the albums/songs I've ever liked is brilliant. The catalogue is varied and new released often come on the day of release - it really is full and unlimited access to almost any song or album you've ever wanted.

It offline syncs very well too, so much so that I don't bother transferring music content to my phone anymore - Spotify is all I need.

If you haven't used Spotify at all before, I'd suggest downloading the desktop client and giving that a go first. Basically, the premium and mobile version is the same, but without adds, and with full offline syncing.

marky_yo

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Spotify is the BEST!!! I pay the premium just cause I am at a computer a lot at work, but LOVE IT! I have saved so much money from buying new cd's I just make a playlist and boom, its on the computer and phone!! Sounds amazing with beats audio in my car too! Couldn't be happier!!!!

rajagos

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I am not sure Play Music can be used in other platforms, but Spotify has clients for iOS and possibly WP as well (important to me as rest of my family members use iPhones).

Rob Penna

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I've been using Spotify for a long time too and was curious about Google selection. It looks just as beefy as Spotify. Some places even more so but when I started my 31st trial it said afterwards it would be $8.22 per month instead of the 7.99?is anyone else getting this? Is it a tax?

dotB

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I've been using Spotify since it came to the US in beta. I love it. UI is simple and easy to navigate on the phone. Async with the Chrome or desktop app. Premium service is worth it if you have limited data plan so you can download it local onto the device.

All that said, I just canceled to try out Google Play Music All Access. UI is not as great as Spotify, but it works well enough. Still too early to really say I don't care for it, but it has a lot to live up to.