Finally jumped ship. Opinions!

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Hey all in Android land! Just switched over to the One from an iPhone 5/ Galaxy S4 (long story short I had the GS4 for a day) and so far so good! I had a few reservations but most of those seem to have been for not. Here goes!

I love the screen. Not much I can say except that it's the best on a mobile device period.
Sound quality is amazing! Not a fan of the bundled headphones so I used my Apple Earpods and wow. Base sounds amazing, sounds are crisp and I hear instruments I didn't know where in the songs.
Sense is much more appealing that Touchwiz. It looks much less cartoony and has a nice flat feel that I like. It's also snappier and overall works better than TW.
Camera is decent and takes better pictures than I thought. Haven't gotten the chance to play with Zoe or anything fancy yet but it looks awesome!

So far I love this thing and it doesbt hurt that I got it for $199 off contract because Best Buy read my price match wrong. Not sure about a case yet as this thing is gorgeous. Can't wait to have more time with it. Definitely wanna root and possibly post more threads on here but I wanted to share what I thought compared to what I had.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like another happy HTC One owner to me :)

Enjoy and please do come back to share your experiences as you become more " One " with your HTC One :p

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Welcome!! We are always here to help incase you get kinda flustered. But don't fret, someone here will always know what you need and how to fix it!

Bostonz

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I've also my.ped ship from the iPhone 5. I don't Cate what apple dreams up in the next iteration of phone. I am having a blast with my one. It's my first android and was and still is at times a learning curve. But enjoy and welcome to NYC One!!!

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Welcome aboard. Nice that you got it for such a good deal. This us my favorite phone by far (I too came from a iPhone 5) ... And don't miss ios at all.

Posted via Android Central App

Yilun808

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Boxwave has an affordable crystal clear hard-case shell for this phone. Provides decent protection and still keeps the beauty of the phone. Check it out =)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Welcome! I hope you enjoy Android and Android Central. :).

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

robsawalker

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Amazed how many iPhone users are buying HTC Ones. I wonder if it is the largest changeover for Apple? It sure feels like it. I made the move last year to an S3, and I am still waiting for my HTC One. Argh! Should be any day now.

Well done OP. Remember, stick with it!

Pat Glennon

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Another Apple convert here. had my iPhone 4 for over two years and I changed my mind about a 100 times in the week leading up to the upgrade. I've had my One a whole 24 hours now and I have to say so far, so great! Just love how apps work nicer together as compared to iOS.

I am sure as I continue to get to know Android and the One I will come across things that the iPhone did better or that I miss, but I so far I am sure this is a great change.