Which Phone has better battery life? S4 or HTC ONE?

carlostmac1

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi i recently used the Note 2 for a few days and the battery is phenomenal! Now i have the HTC One and not too happy with the battery. Granted, the note was notably bigger and therefore probably had the bigger battery. So now i'm wondering which device has a better battery? The HTC One or the Samsung Galaxy S4? I'm also an extremely heavy user, surfing the web all day, texting, facebook, and etc.

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Wow you must have a LOT of free time to be surfing/FB/texting "all day". Set the phone down for a few more minutes/hours a day, try to enjoy life a bit more, and your battery will be fine. :)

I get at least 24 full ours of life with my S4.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Wow you must have a LOT of free time to be surfing/FB/texting "all day". Set the phone down for a few more minutes/hours a day, try to enjoy life a bit more, and your battery will be fine. :)

I get at least 24 full ours of life with my S4.

Haha if only you knew what it was like to be a college student in the big city and being on public transit all day long! :p When I was in Boston with the girlfriend I used soooo much more data! I can sorta see where they are coming from. However I wasn't even the student! :p

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Pretty sure it's the HTC One. You see people breaking 7 hours of screen-on time much more than on the S4 (I've only seen 2 or 3 ever). It ultimately varies widely based on how you use the device.

carlostmac1

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Haha if only you knew what it was like to be a college student in the big city and being on public transit all day long! :p When I was in Boston with the girlfriend I used soooo much more data! I can sorta see where they are coming from. However I wasn't even the student! :p

Haha exactly what i'm talking about! Attending Northeastern and need that battery life to last as long as possible!

carlostmac1

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I've been trying to read forums for a friend who hates doing the research but needs a new phone (I myself have a Note 2 that I love) this article was helpful as a comparison of the two you are looking at including battery life.
Under the microscope: Samsung Galaxy S4 vs. HTC One

Yea the note 2 has incredible battery life! It was just too big for me. I've read a few forums and they say that it's a toss up depending on how you use the S4 features, honestly i'm still torn between which device. Currently using the HTC One and the thing winning me over is sleek looks for its text messaging.... silly, i know

Andrawer

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I had the HTC One for 3 weeks before i got my S4. Personally i feel the One has better battery life...even with all the sensors turned off.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It all depends on usage. You will not have as good of battery life as you did on the Note 2 because of the size. The bigger the phone the bigger the battery the manufacturers can fit in them.

The only advantage you would have with the S4 would be having multiple batteries with you to swap out. But on the HTC One they have external chargers you could use as well.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I have both phones. I use them differently, so there may be some bias in my views about battery life. That said, I have found them to be about the same. And for me, both have been impressive, easily getting me through a day. On the One, I'm using battery reborn and, according to its calculations, my average HTC One battery life is 23.5 hours.

Posted via Android Central App

carlostmac1

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I have both phones. I use them differently, so there may be some bias in my views about battery life. That said, I have found them to be about the same. And for me, both have been impressive, easily getting me through a day. On the One, I'm using battery reborn and, according to its calculations, my average HTC One battery life is 23.5 hours.

WHAT?! wow i'm definitely not getting that, so which one do you prefer if you had to just use one

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

But the question is how much of that time is the screen on? Mine says I get 1D 10H on average. But my on screen time is less than 2 hours and thats just how I use the device.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
But the question is how much of that time is the screen on? Mine says I get 1D 10H on average. But my on screen time is less than 2 hours and thats just how I use the device.

My One averages a little over 20 hours with 4.5 to 5 hours screen time. My s4 has yet to hit 20 hours. Could be a difference in how I use the devices though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

mcantu

May 26, 2011
Visit site
i dont think comparing to the Note 2 is a fair comparison. because it is so much physically larger, its battery itself is much larger than on the One. its also pushing power to fewer pixels than the One (720p vs 1080p)

Yilun808

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I think if you are a heavy user with multiple hours of screen time per day, both phones will struggle in the battery department. In other words, you're not going to get a sudden explosion of battery-saving awesomeness if you switch to the S4. I have a co-worker who uses the S4 and says that even his moderate use drains the batteries quite alot. The S4, while packing a 2600 mAH battery (versus the 2300 mAH for HTC), also packs a slightly more powerful processor which seems to in turn hog more battery as well.

I've been quite happy with the battery life of my HTC One but I realize I'm not a heavy user. All I'm saying is that if you are a very heavy user, switching from the HTC One to the S4 is not really going to solve your problem as both phones will drain battery quickly if you are using as much as you claim.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non