Is this an focus problem or something else?

ceescoenen

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday I've bought my new HTC One. A little nervous about the photo and video quality: I've read two weeks the forums. Pro's and cons.
What I have with making picture or video is the focus in the beginning. Zoom in and out. The video is Full HD and not sharp. Is this an hardware issue or is this the quality?

VIDEO0024 - YouTube

aquatichedgehog

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
I find the video quality in general to be quite good. I don't shoot 1080 because I don't want the huge file sizes, I shoot 720. I don't see a huge problem with your video. The shot of the trombone at the end looks pretty sharp to me. If your question is about the blur that happens when it autofocuses, yes, that is normal (at least mine does it too). You can avoid it by checking "lock focus in video" but then of course your focus is locked, so when you switch from the far away fax machine to the close up trombone it wouldn't be in focus. Even that checked, it'll still typically do it once at the beginning to focus at first. If you focus (by tapping the screen on your subject) before you start shooting it won't. As far as why your phone got confused about the exposure at the beginning of you video, who knows. I wouldn't call that typical, at least not in my experience. Maybe you accidentally touched the bottom right, and it metered on the relatively dark carpet, thereby overexposing the wall. My advice would be to use the phone for a while, shoot a bunch of pics and video of real things that you would actually want pics and video of, and judge that, not this test video of nothing. Bear in mind, however, that this is a cell phone, it's not going to replace your stand-alone HD video camera and your DSLR camera. Enjoy your phone. It's awesome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non