Basic questions about first usage.

Fhenrus

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys! I'm receiving my Htc One tomorrow (excited as few times in recent months), however, I do have certain doubts about using it. I'm enlisting them here.

1. Do I let the phone deplete it's battery the first time that I turn it on? And then charge it up full? Or charge it since I get it?
2. How do I transfer my music from my mac to my incoming phone? (Ex iPhone user, it was easiest thing in the world)
3. How do I update my phone to the latest software, (Sense, Android)

Thank you a lot and I'll post more questions if them occur to me. :D Cheers!

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
For the 2nd question, I use iSyncr for Mac to transfer my music to my One. It's so simple!
For the battery question, I deplete it the first time then completely charge it. And for the updates go into settings and you can make sure you're up to date there.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Fhenrus

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
For the 2nd question, I use iSyncr for Mac to transfer my music to my One. It's so simple!
For the battery question, I deplete it the first time then completely charge it. And for the updates go into settings and you can make sure you're up to date there.

Thank you! I think that's pretty easy, but how does iSyncr work? Does it transfer from iTunes with album artwork and playlists?

About the 3rd question, what if I'm not up to date, how do I update my phone?

ha5smu

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys! I'm receiving my Htc One tomorrow (excited as few times in recent months), however, I do have certain doubts about using it. I'm enlisting them here.

1. Do I let the phone deplete it's battery the first time that I turn it on? And then charge it up full? Or charge it since I get it?
2. How do I transfer my music from my mac to my incoming phone? (Ex iPhone user, it was easiest thing in the world)
3. How do I update my phone to the latest software, (Sense, Android)

Thank you a lot and I'll post more questions if them occur to me. :D Cheers!

1. Opinion differs on battery, but the official guidance is there is no special way to charge the battery. Just do not let it go dead all the time or keep it on a charger all the time.
2. The htc sync software that comes with the phone does the job okay. But there maybe better alternatives on the play store.
3. If you go into settings you can get a software update if available. Alternatively you can root your phone which means you can install custom software on your phone. But this is a separate topic, but can be quite fun if you like tinkering.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I know it transfers playlists, I'm not 100% sure about album artwork since I don't use the native player. I use Amazon's player since I have music on there also. It's really simple to use :) and if your software isn't up to date, you will be prompted for an update. There is really nothing to it :) personally, I don't check for updates until my phone notifies me of an available update.

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I just checked out the player and gracenote downloads all the album work :) that's kinda cool lol

Fhenrus

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I just checked out the player and gracenote downloads all the album work :) that's kinda cool lol

Thank you so much! I will reply to this post tomorrow with any news of my phone.

- - - Updated - - -

1. Opinion differs on battery, but the official guidance is there is no special way to charge the battery. Just do not let it go dead all the time or keep it on a charger all the time.
2. The htc sync software that comes with the phone does the job okay. But there maybe better alternatives on the play store.
3. If you go into settings you can get a software update if available. Alternatively you can root your phone which means you can install custom software on your phone. But this is a separate topic, but can be quite fun if you like tinkering.

so it is the same what do I do with the battery?

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site

It can also find lyrics. The player is one, if not the best on Android. It can also play from DLNA devices.

The battery depleting is being discussed everywhere. I personally think it's better to not deplete and charge the phone as often as you can. They are made to be plugged in at all times and they will stop charging when the battery is full.

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
1. Battery - read this: http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-one/271671-battery-maintenance.html

Also, grab the Qualcomm snapdragon battery app: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...S54aWFtLnNuYXBkcmFnb24uYXBwIl0&token=m5dQaRfB.

2. For music, just upload your itunes to Google Music. I wouldn't mess with any desktop software, it's unnecessary. Google Play - Unlock Your Music ? Google

3. Updates are easy, all over the air. You can manually check, Settings-About Phone-Updates. Or they get pushed to your phone. Most of us on here check.

Welcome to the cool kid club!

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
1. I'd just charge it to a 100% and then use it until it drops to 30% then charge it again. Poly batteries last longer when you 'top-off' rather than deplete and recharge.\

2. I am strictly a drag and drop person so I use Android File Transfer for Mac in order to transfer music, movies, pictures and other media. I did not like Sync Manager or iSyncr at all and found that they messed up my playlists, artwork and such so I just stuck to manually transferring folders. I also find myself using PowerAmp music player quite a lot which works much better than the stock when connected to my car's Bluetooth.

3. As mentioned above, Settings > About > Software Updates. If there's a new update, go ahead and do it, if there isn't then you'll either have to be patient since 4.2.2 is still rolling out to different countries OR you can go the custom ROM route (and I'd recommend waiting for the official 4.2.2 instead since you're pretty new to all of this coming from an iPhone).

I am glad to see that the device is arriving tomorrow and that we were able to figure out the LTE thing, haha! Congratulations in advance and buy a case and protect that beautiful investment! ;)

Fhenrus

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
It can also find lyrics. The player is one, if not the best on Android. It can also play from DLNA devices.

The battery depleting is being discussed everywhere. I personally think it's better to not deplete and charge the phone as often as you can. They are made to be plugged in at all times and they will stop charging when the battery is full.

Mmmmm, I really don't want a non removable battery to be faulty for wrong first use if that ever happens

- - - Updated - - -

1. Battery - read this: http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-one/271671-battery-maintenance.html

Also, grab the Qualcomm snapdragon battery app: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...S54aWFtLnNuYXBkcmFnb24uYXBwIl0&token=F87wiqE5.

2. For music, just upload your itunes to Google Music. I wouldn't mess with any desktop software, it's unnecessary. Google Play - Unlock Your Music ? Google

3. Updates are easy, all over the air. You can manually check, Settings-About Phone-Updates. Or they get pushed to your phone. Most of us on here check.

Welcome to the cool kid club!

Do you really think google music works better?

Fhenrus

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
1. I'd just charge it to a 100% and then use it until it drops to 30% then charge it again. Poly batteries last longer when you 'top-off' rather than deplete and recharge.\

2. I am strictly a drag and drop person so I use Android File Transfer for Mac in order to transfer music, movies, pictures and other media. I did not like Sync Manager or iSyncr at all and found that they messed up my playlists, artwork and such so I just stuck to manually transferring folders. I also find myself using PowerAmp music player quite a lot which works much better than the stock when connected to my car's Bluetooth.

3. As mentioned above, Settings > About > Software Updates. If there's a new update, go ahead and do it, if there isn't then you'll either have to be patient since 4.2.2 is still rolling out to different countries OR you can go the custom ROM route (and I'd recommend waiting for the official 4.2.2 instead since you're pretty new to all of this coming from an iPhone).

I am glad to see that the device is arriving tomorrow and that we were able to figure out the LTE thing, haha! Congratulations in advance and buy a case and protect that beautiful investment! ;)

Hey man! Thank you a lot in praticular to you, you were a great sense of help around this topic, I bought also the mophie juice pack so give it a try.

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Ok, the way I set up my Android phones' music from my Mac is really simple. Because my wife still has an iPhone and I have so much invested in iTunes, I didn't want to stop using it.
Google music has an app for Mac that will upload everything from iTunes to google music. Playlists included. It will have to upload, but it is worth the wait. Basically every change I make in iTunes, it shows up in google music. Set up is simple, download the app, run it, let it upload your music.

Now from your phone you have cloud access to all of your uploaded google music. You can see all of the music and download what you want from the phone just as if you purchased the music from google. You are limited to 20,000 songs.

Fhenrus

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Ok, the way I set up my Android phones' music from my Mac is really simple. Because my wife still has an iPhone and I have so much invested in iTunes, I didn't want to stop using it.
Google music has an app for Mac that will upload everything from iTunes to google music. Playlists included. It will have to upload, but it is worth the wait. Basically every change I make in iTunes, it shows up in google music. Set up is simple, download the app, run it, let it upload your music.

Now from your phone you have cloud access to all of your uploaded google music. You can see all of the music and download what you want from the phone just as if you purchased the music from google. You are limited to 20,000 songs.

But does the music stream from the internet? Or can you actually upload the songs to Google music, and then download them to your phone?

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
But does the music stream from the internet? Or can you actually upload the songs to Google music, and then download them to your phone?

You can do both. Your entire collection will be in the cloud and you can download as much or as little as you want.

I prefer it so I can create a playlist on my PC and my wife can have it on her iPhone and I can have it on my One.

Last edited:

Fhenrus

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Just got my phone, I'm so excited, I'm uploading some pics of it so if you can help me find any hardware errors, I'm seeing it ok, but I haven't seen another one either.

Fhenrus

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Btw, The HTC Sync manager made double of some songs, I have two of each now, and most of the artwork wasn't copied :( Google music will it be?

Google music is not available in my country, so it isn't an option. :(

Last edited:

Fhenrus

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

Btw, how do you add playlists this way?

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Btw, The HTC Sync manager made double of some songs, I have two of each now, and most of the artwork wasn't copied :( Google music will it be?

Google music is not available in my country, so it isn't an option. :(

Well that's a bummer. You'll have to try one of the other solutions. Also WinAmp has wireless syncing and import from iTunes.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana