Browser Missing from Lock Screen !!

Jim Seth

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I don't know when it happened, but recently I noticed that the browser shortcut is missing from my lock screen.

I have tried lock screen options, but can't find anything to get it back.

Any thoughts ??

Running 4.2.2 non rooted...

Attachments

• 1376036942276[1].jpg
    1376036942276[1].jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 91

chrisxpierce

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Tried all as per the link..but seems like my browser dont want to show up on lockscreen :-(

Is there a way I can do backup..including apps data..and do the factory reset ??

Thanks !!

Sorry that didn't work! As far as backing up, well the only thing I use is an app called Super Back Up, it backs up everything...only thing is, because you have no internal removable storage, you'll have to save the back ups on your device, the use a file manager to copy the back up file onto your pc. This program will back up apps, sms, contacts, call logs, calendars and book marks. You'll need to copy your photos separately.

I'm sure there's another app that might be better, and perhaps someone here can assist with that. Good Luck!!

DJxDARIENx

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Google Backups , it'll backup your apps and that's it, for texts I used a SMS backup and call log backup and emailed it to myself and then redownloaded the app and file when it was done restarting. I don't suggest doing HTC BACKUP.. I've had problems with it before and had to start from fresh. I also think the HTC sync tool on the PC will let you backup but I haven't used it yet

Jim Seth

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Sorry that didn't work! As far as backing up, well the only thing I use is an app called Super Back Up, it backs up everything...only thing is, because you have no internal removable storage, you'll have to save the back ups on your device, the use a file manager to copy the back up file onto your pc. This program will back up apps, sms, contacts, call logs, calendars and book marks. You'll need to copy your photos separately.

I'm sure there's another app that might be better, and perhaps someone here can assist with that. Good Luck!!

Thanks a lot will try the app u suggested :)

Jim Seth

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Google Backups , it'll backup your apps and that's it, for texts I used a SMS backup and call log backup and emailed it to myself and then redownloaded the app and file when it was done restarting. I don't suggest doing HTC BACKUP.. I've had problems with it before and had to start from fresh. I also think the HTC sync tool on the PC will let you backup but I haven't used it yet

I have tried HTC Sync tool on PC..but it wont say anything regarding the apps..my main concern is too back up the apps..nova launcher n widgets..which unfortunately I can't find a way to work around since there is no SD card on HTC one..Thanks again for your help :)

Belhade

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I had a problem is similar to the OP, when I switched to Firefox I could not get any browser icon to appear on the lock screen. Eventually I gave up got sick of the empty spot and put Facebook in my doc and now it is showing up on the lock screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress