stupid? question: how do i wake the screen when i am on a call using a headset?

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
here in california it's illegal to drive with your phone held to your ear. of course, you wouldn't know that if you looked around at other drivers. anyway, i digress...

on my HTC ONE, i know there is an option to set the top button to disconnect a call when pressed. this is super convenient. however, if i am using my headset, and need to wake the phone screen to press a number key/answer another call/etc i can't. is there another option for waking the screen? i have the top button set to wake the screen now, but want to set it back to disconnect call.

thank you!!

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
here in california it's illegal to drive with your phone held to your ear. of course, you wouldn't know that if you looked around at other drivers. anyway, i digress...

on my HTC ONE, i know there is an option to set the top button to disconnect a call when pressed. this is super convenient. however, if i am using my headset, and need to wake the phone screen to press a number key/answer another call/etc i can't. is there another option for waking the screen? i have the top button set to wake the screen now, but want to set it back to disconnect call.

thank you!!

I know with custom kernels there are alternate ways to wake the phone. Is your device stock? Er, original? Otherwise you might try an app like this:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...etails?id=com.omd.autoscreenon&token=jZ75OX6v

I'm not sure how well it'd work in a car, but worth a shot I suppose.

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I know with custom kernels there are alternate ways to wake the phone. Is your device stock? Er, original? Otherwise you might try an app like this:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...etails?id=com.omd.autoscreenon&token=ql7dTzLK

I'm not sure how well it'd work in a car, but worth a shot I suppose.

thanks for this. i will check it out. but, i was hoping there was an existing solution that wouldn't require another app. :'(

my phone is stock, original. i am using nova launcher, but that's as far as i am willing to go. no rooting or flashing.

jmdeng

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Assuming that the phone goes into the same mode during headset operation as it does for speakerphone, the answer is no.
Your only native option is to do what you did and disable the Power Ends Call option.

The HTC rep I talked to suggested I provide feedback to HTC and if they get enough noise, perhaps a future release would enable such a feature. I'm not going to hold out hope, but I did do just that. Perhaps you can add your voice to the issue as well.

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Assuming that the phone goes into the same mode during headset operation as it does for speakerphone, the answer is no.
Your only native option is to do what you did and disable the Power Ends Call option.

The HTC rep I talked to suggested I provide feedback to HTC and if they get enough noise, perhaps a future release would enable such a feature. I'm not going to hold out hope, but I did do just that. Perhaps you can add your voice to the issue as well.

i've lost hope as well. there are some interesting apps out there for waking the phone by double tapping the prox sensor. but maybe that's too much work and i need to learn to deal with the tiny inconvenience.

thank you!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa