Developer edition pitfalls? Carrier compatibility?

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm seriously considering a developer edition pretty much only for the memory and unlocked state. I thought a while back in a review there were some pitfalls of having the developer edition? What might they be? Heard something about google wallet not being on there but not concerned with that. What other issues?

Frequency compatibility, looking at the numbers I think I can use it with these?
-Straight Talk AT&T SIM (currently using this, there is no LTE on this, just HSPA+)
-Tmobile (I might switch to this and want to use their LTE et all)

poncewattle

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
It works fine on AT&T, even visual voicemail. I also used it with a Simple Mobile (T-mobile MVNO) the first month I had it. I got a lot of their "4G" service, but I live in a refarmed area. Outside of that, it was EDGE only.

I never did get LTE on T-mobile in their Baltimore area, which allegedly is LTE, but that might have been because the Simple Mobile SIM didn't support it.

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Right, seems to be it doesn't cover all of T-Mobile frequencies. Pretty depressing considering it has the same radio hardware. I think I'm going to give it a go anyway, just stay with straight talk.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
If you are purchasing outright it is worth it to spend the few extra bucks for the DE just to have twice the internal memory.

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
If you are purchasing outright it is worth it to spend the few extra bucks for the DE just to have twice the internal memory.

I agree and personally I'm annoyed that AT&T made some back room deals that locked them into the only carrier to get a 64GB version of the HTC one. Similar now with the new motorola phone and their color/design choices. In this case above ideally I would be buying a Tmobile variant of the HTC one but I really want the 64GB.

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I agree and personally I'm annoyed that AT&T made some back room deals that locked them into the only carrier to get a 64GB version of the HTC one. Similar now with the new motorola phone and their color/design choices. In this case above ideally I would be buying a Tmobile variant of the HTC one but I really want the 64GB.

AT&T did not make any back room deal to get the 64GB version. The other carriers did not want the 64GB. It's as simple as that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty