How to transfer game content

Jron954

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I recently got the htc one a couple weeks ago, I use to have the Samsung epic 4G. There were a few games I use to play a lot and I saved them to my sd card. Does anybody know how I can download the game again with my progress I had before? I've tried copying and pasting the file from my sd card to my htc one via usb cord attached to my laptop. But no luck.

Posted via Android Central App

scooter7

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I assume you are not rooted and do no plan on rooting. In that case the best way to transfer data is by using the app Helium, https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ils?id=com.koushikdutta.backup&token=XudBMtNb. The app has a premium version which allows for backup and restore via cloud services such as DropBox. However if you plan on doing the backup and restore using local media (sd card or pc computer) then the free version will work just fine.

Jron954

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't want to back up anything, I just want to continue playing my games where I left off.

downhillrider

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I'll share what I did last night. I wanted to reset my One after the initial onslaught of installing apps being new to android. I got that helium app and made a backup straight to google drive. to load that back up you need to pay $4.99. I reset the phone and went through the whole setup, signing in etc and when it was done all my pics were there, I reinstalled games like Fast and Furious 6, CSR Racing and all the game progress was there. I'm guessing Google keeps that info. The only app that was slightly messed up was Subway Surf. It didnt save character that I bought. I was expecting the worse and thought I'd have to pay 4.99 for that app, but somehow all my game info was there when I reinstalled everything. I always make a login if a game asks, I guess this has something to do with game info being saved also.

scooter7

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't want to back up anything, I just want to continue playing my games where I left off.

I got that helium app and made a backup straight to google drive. to load that back up you need to pay $4.99.

Helium will allow you to restore your game progress just as you want to. I used it when I made my transition to my new HTC One this last spring and every app's data (game progress, etc) transferred over without any problems. It is a free app if you don't need the cloud to backup and restore. If you use it to backup and restore on the SD Card or your computer than the free version works perfectly fine.