HTC ONE Black has tiny scratches/ I'm done with HTC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingAL

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I recently bought an HTC One in black from at&t and I used special gloves to unbox them like I do for all my phones but as soon as I picked up a flashlight and started examining it I saw a number of tiny circular scratches on the sides, everything was perfect and clean but the sides I'm a big HTC fan I had the HTC Evo 3D, HTC One S, and the HTC Droid DNA. But the One S and DNA had the same issues they were perfect but the sides had these marks after normal use sometimes fresh out of the box this enrages me so after the One I'm done with HTC.

Posted via Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Silver here and no scratches.

See ya later though. Good luck with other phones! :).

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

Oofa

May 22, 2013
Visit site
You un-box your phones with special gloves......... right. What in the world are "special gloves"? Funnier than that, you pick up a flashlight and start examining the phone? Why?

daniel5on

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
This is silly. All kinds of it.

If your going to let some practically unnoticeable scratches (unless you examine it like a forensic investigation) ruin a otherwise great phone & brand for you then good luck with lesser brands.

Nemephosis

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
So you're going to let scratches you would never have noticed without using a flashlight ruin a good phone. You're right, it's not like the most important part is the screen, the one you touch and look at all the time. You never wanted the HTC One, and you invented this as a reason to complain about it, because I think we all know this is absolutely not a legitimate problem at all.

but the sides had these marks after normal use

No kidding. That's called "wear and tear" when that happens.

KingAL

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Yea maybe I'm to picky but I'm the only one who seen these marks on a brand new phone without use ?

daniel5on

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Yea maybe I'm to picky but I'm the only one who seen these marks on a brand new phone without use ?

Honestly, if it's a big deal, go get a replacement. Assuming you're still in your 14 day period.

xtn

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Everything in the world is scratched. You know why the aluminum back isn't a perfect mirror finish? Tiny, evenly distributed scratches. Even the glass screen is scratched. All over. Probably need a good microscope to see it though.

Hey, there is also bacteria all over everything you touch.

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I recently bought an HTC One in black from at&t and I used special gloves to unbox them like I do for all my phones but as soon as I picked up a flashlight and started examining it I saw a number of tiny circular scratches on the sides, everything was perfect and clean but the sides I'm a big HTC fan I had the HTC Evo 3D, HTC One S, and the HTC Droid DNA. But the One S and DNA had the same issues they were perfect but the sides had these marks after normal use sometimes fresh out of the box this enrages me so after the One I'm done with HTC.

Wow you had four different phones on four different carriers (Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon, and now AT&T)? Good grief!!

As for your scratches, was it the polycarbonate filling or the body of the phone. Only a material harder than aluminum should be able to scratch that part of the phone. On the sides, given the width of the space where the plastic is injected, I can't think of what could scratch that portion with circles that but not the chamfered edges?

I wonder if any of the latest manufactured lot have this problem?

xtn

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
A material can be scratched by something with a lower hardness, within reason. A brass key can scratch your aluminum back and your even your glass screen under the right circumstances even though both of them are harder.

Consider brake pads and brake disks on a car... One is harder than the other, and so it wears faster. But they both still do wear down.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
These marks he's talking about are probably from the manufacturers cleaning and detailing process. Aluminum and/or plastic has to be cleaned up after processing as they leave jagged and sharp edges and it doesn't matter if they are laser cut or not.

But special gloves and then using a flashlight to look for flaws on a phone...on anything...is asinine. I would hate to go with the OP to pick a new car. We'd be there a month!!

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I just put my one under a microscope and noticed that it has pixels. I can see them! Also noticed some bacteria on the back...maybe fecal matter? I don't know. But I'm leaving HTC and going to jitterbug!

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Special gloves and a flash light? What is going on that anyone is inspecting a phone to this amount of detail.. I agree that the people posting stuff like this need to go buy a different phone so they can start leaving these threads in other forums.
It's it me or are there a large amount of threads getting started recently that just seem Rediculous?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty