MMS stops working?

cafshari

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Yep, had a group text ongoing from the past few days with 2 other people. Tonight, I was just unable to send or receive any MMS. I tried to send myself a picture, no luck either. Any idea why MMS would just stop working? AT&T support reached the point where they decided they'd need to factory reboot my phone. Told them I'll hold off on that.

More info: trying this at my house where I have enough 4G service to load a web page, and haven't ever had signal issues here. Tested MMS on my dad's iPhone and no issues.

bbinder

May 31, 2013
Visit site
What have you tried?
Errors?
Install anything recently?
Does SMS work?
Running AntiVirus at all?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

bbinder

May 31, 2013
Visit site
There's another thread on XDA with the same problem even after resets. Maybe something is amiss at AT&T but they aren't aware yet. Might have to give it a little time.

binxiboo

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issues with the MMS stopping working at random times as well on my HTC One and my daughter's Samsung Galaxy S3, both on AT&T. I would say they have the issue. Glad to hear it's not just our phones. AT&T resets our network when this occurs and it works for awhile then the issues come back.

Posted via Android Central App with my HTC One

el3ctronics

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
My brother and I (both with htc ones) have had the exact same problem since last night. Problems persisting this morning as well. Glad to see we're not the only ones with the issue and that it is most likely an AT&T issue. Btw we're in the NYC area...where are others with the problem located?

Gazella

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Do you guys have APN installed ? Maybe try re-entering the settings for MMS.

cafshari

May 31, 2013
Visit site
What have you tried?
Errors?
Install anything recently?
Does SMS work?
Running AntiVirus at all?

I tried restarting phone, WiFi on/off, sending a picture to myself (wouldn't send), and I think some other basic stuff last night, but none helped.

The error says "Unable to send message after multiple attempts. Generic network failure." AT&T sent me a get MMS and I receive them but cannot Download them, so I'm left with a message that just says "Download".

Haven't installed anything new recently.

SMS works just fine.

Not running any antivirus.

cafshari

May 31, 2013
Visit site
My brother and I (both with htc ones) have had the exact same problem since last night. Problems persisting this morning as well. Glad to see we're not the only ones with the issue and that it is most likely an AT&T issue. Btw we're in the NYC area...where are others with the problem located?

I am on Long Island, but my office is in NYC where MMS is also not working. I guess this is a regional thing that they're not aware of yet.

Btw I suggest u let AT&T know asap so they become aware faster and get to fixing this.

Gazella

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Yes, mobile data is always on for me.

I had the same issue. When someone sends me an image I'd try downloading but then I get a red exclamation mark next to the message. After I entered my carrier's APN settings for MMS it worked right away.

cafshari

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue. When someone sends me an image I'd try downloading but then I get a red exclamation mark next to the message. After I entered my carrier's APN settings for MMS it worked right away.

I go to Settings > Mobile Data > Access point names > ATT phone (the only option): all of the information is locked. I can't edit anything. I can take screenshots if necessary.

EDIT: However, Settings > Mobile Data > Access point names: I can hit the menu button for 'New APN' or 'Reset to default'. Should I Reset to Default and see if it does anything?

Gazella

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I go to Settings > Mobile Data > Access point names > ATT phone (the only option): all of the information is locked. I can't edit anything. I can take screenshots if necessary.

EDIT: However, Settings > Mobile Data > Access point names: I can hit the menu button for 'New APN' or 'Reset to default'. Should I Reset to Default and see if it does anything?

I have no idea if you should reset or not as mine came without APNs and I had to enter it manually. But AT&T has several MMS APN settings. You can try each one and check. *

Name: Cingular 410

APN: wap.cingular

Proxy: Blank

Port: Blank

Username: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM

Password: CINGULAR1

Server: cingulargprs.com

MMSC: http://mms.cingular.com

MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com

MMS Port: Blank

MCC: 310

MNC: 410

Authentication type: Blank

APN Type: default,supl,mms

APN protocol: leave as is

Bearer: leave as is

Name: phone

APN: phone

Username: blank

Password: blank

Server: blank

MMSC: blank

MMS Proxy: blank

MMS Port: blank

APN Type: default,internet,supl

Name: AT&T

APN: pta

Proxy:

Port:

Username:

Password:

Server:

MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net/

MMS Proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net

MMS Port: 80

Authentication Type:

APN Type: default,admin,fota,mms,supl,hipri

APN Protocol: IPv4/IPv6

APN Roaming Protocol: IPv4/IPv6

Name: pta

APN: pta

Username: blank

Password: blank

Server: blank

MMSC: blank

MMS Proxy: blank

MMS Port: blank

APN Type: default,internet,mms,supl

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
i am currently having this problem with t-mo in LA. so this is a carrier issue? not my htc1? i have done two restarts to no avail.

EDIT: problem solved. uninstalled and re-installed textra. able to send pics again.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sumythgrewal