What are the chances there will be a swipe to wake up the phone feature?

legaldeejay

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
It seems one of the major issues with this phone is having to wake it up with the power button which I read can break over time. I am using the app Auto Screen On which solves the issue but it drains the battery. Any chance a swipe feature will be added or is there an app I am not aware of that will do this?

Posted via Android Central App

bbinder

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I use it and have no problems. The button, that is. It's what it's made for. Any button on any device can break I suppose. I just don't give it any thought. I didn't realize people were not fans of using the power button to turn their screens on and off?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

legaldeejay

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I don't mind using the button. I'm just reading numerous reviews in the Play Store about power buttons breaking from overuse from waking up the phone. I suppose you can't believe everything you read though.

chrisxpierce

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm currently using ARHD 21.0 4.3: It allows me to use the volume buttons to wake as well. I feel you on the power button being the only one, just that little mesquito buzzing around my head :0

rayporsche

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Not a big deal but then again it would be cool nonetheless, I own a BBerry Z10 too which uses that feature and time after time I find myself swiping the ONE to get it going .......duh....hahahaha......

JBeef

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
It seems one of the major issues with this phone is having to wake it up with the power button which I read can break over time. I am using the app Auto Screen On which solves the issue but it drains the battery. Any chance a swipe feature will be added or is there an app I am not aware of that will do this?

My power button became a bit stiff and was perhaps a bit awkward due to the protective case I'm using. I also started using Auto Screen On with a Power Off icon too. I think it works brilliantly and in my experience the battery drain is next to non-existent. Compared to a spot of Netflix at lunch or even internet browsing the Auto Screen on barely touches the battery. But that's what is so great about Android - if you're not entirely with something, like the power button placement, chances are someone has made an app to solve it.

JBeef

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
such a non issue.....

I thought it was a non-issue at first too. But my power button definitely got slightly harder to press. Was often taking me 2 or 3 attempts to wake it up. If yours works fine - great. For me, I use Auto Screen On and in my opinion it makes an already great phone even more of a joy to use. Plus its nice to actually make real use of a proximity sensor on a phone for a change. But everyone is different and sets up their phone differently. Is the power button a big deal for most HTC ONE owners? Probably not. But if it is, there's ways around it - which is great.

bbinder

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Else your only option that I'm aware of it a custom kernel. For example, Elemental.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4