what's new with 4.3

SC1

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Just updated to 4.3.. What's new other then the quick settings in the notification center? Does anyone have a list or something?

Posted via Android Central App

Ken CleanAir System

May 2, 2013
Visit site
As far as Android specific changes, you can see them here: http://www.android.com/whatsnew/

A lot of the stuff on that page applies to all Jelly Bean versions though (4.1 - 4.3). There were not a lot of user facing changes from 4.1.2 to 4.3 really.

As far as HTC specific changes, other than what's already been mentioned: the option to add Instagram to Blink Feed, the option to have separate ring tone and notification volumes, a new lock screen type (widget), some new Zoe stuff... That's about all I can think of at the moment.

Also, links to addresses in the stock contacts and dialer apps work again with Google Maps.

squarekid

May 9, 2011
Visit site
You can finally show the battery life %! Unfortunately, it shows up to the left of the battery icon in the status bar rather than in it.

LindtChocolate

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
One thing that is new but very annoying is how blinkfeed shows up on the running apps now whenever I have an article open and double tap the home button. This is VERY annoying.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Such as?

Notification bar turns silver/grey for a second when going from lock screen to home.

Contact pictures in messaging app randomly disappear. They come back after exiting the app and re-entering or a reboot.

Proximity sensor : More often than not, when pulling the phone away from my face it takes a few seconds (and sometimes not at all) for the screen to come back on.

All these worked flawlessly before the 4.3 update and yes, before anyone asks, I have done a factory reset....twice.

AFWIW......GOOGLE......

Changing the signal bars from showing cellular strength to data strength is the craziest p00P tube I think you have ever come up with. I need to know I have cellular signal BEFORE I make a call, not after (or during) the call. Some of need it to be a PHONE FIRST!! Data and everything else a close second.

/end rant

LedZappa

May 31, 2013
Visit site
As far as HTC specific changes, other than what's already been mentioned: the option to add Instagram to Blink Feed, the option to have separate ring tone and notification volumes, a new lock screen type (widget), some new Zoe stuff... That's about all I can think of at the moment.

Also, links to addresses in the stock contacts and dialer apps work again with Google Maps.

How do you change the Notification volume separately? I still see it combined with the Ringtone volume.

Ken CleanAir System

May 2, 2013
Visit site
How do you change the Notification volume separately? I still see it combined with the Ringtone volume.

If you press one of the volume buttons while at a home screen (or any app that allows access to the ring tone volume really) and press the gear icon, you should see a check mark below the alarms volume that enables a separate notification volume slider.

Like so:
Screenshot_2013-10-10-16-45-35_zps0f1e79ad.png

Hackett00

May 3, 2013
Visit site
The ability to change the apps in your dock from your home screen is nice. I still am not satisfied with the volume settings though. I want to have calls on vibrate and notifications at a low volume but I don't think this is possible.