HTC One - Anyone have Problems with their WIFI

straughany10

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Im having big problems with my WIFI.

If i'm in living room (where the router is) i get full signal no bother but if i move to kitchen (about 5 meters away) that goes to 1 bar wifi then if i go in bathroom (1 meter from kitchen) i lose all wifi.

same if i go up stairs, so basiaclly if i want to use wifi in my house i need to stick to living room.

Its not the router because all other wifi devices get full signal anywhere in house and even in back garden.

Has anyone else had this problem.
cheers

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: Anyone have Problems with their WIFI

Hello,

Which carrier/region is your phone located on? Sprint & AT&T have both been granted upgrades to Android 4.3 and its been a random WiFi bug causing issues. I've had it happen a few times where I lose data transmission even though I'm connected with great signal. Hopefully this will be addressed with an update as its been mentioned on other devices running 4.3

straughany10

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Anyone have Problems with their WIFI

Hello,

Which carrier/region is your phone located on? Sprint & AT&T have both been granted upgrades to Android 4.3 and its been a random WiFi bug causing issues. I've had it happen a few times where I lose data transmission even though I'm connected with great signal. Hopefully this will be addressed with an update as its been mentioned on other devices running 4.3

Hello mate
Im with EE in the UK, we havent got the 4.3 update yet

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Im having big problems with my WIFI.

If i'm in living room (where the router is) i get full signal no bother but if i move to kitchen (about 5 meters away) that goes to 1 bar wifi then if i go in bathroom (1 meter from kitchen) i lose all wifi.

same if i go up stairs, so basiaclly if i want to use wifi in my house i need to stick to living room.

Its not the router because all other wifi devices get full signal anywhere in house and even in back garden.

Has anyone else had this problem.
cheers

Is this an issue that just started? Or have you always had this issue with your device?

straughany10

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Is this an issue that just started? Or have you always had this issue with your device?

only had the device 3 weeks mate, i didnt really notice it to much before its only been recently when trying to listen to radio that i noticed the problem cos the radio kept going off, it doesnt even switch to 3g either, the radio stays off until i turn the wifi off then comes back.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Its quite possible that your router has issues with your specific device. I too have issues sometimes with disconnects affecting only my HTC ONE. My issue is normally (temporarily) resolved by powering down my router, and then powering it back up (resetting router).

Hope this helps!

anon(409656)

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I have had the same issue, but oddly enough it occurred before the 4.3 update (US Sprint). More odd - i seem to have better connectivity since the update, but still have poor connection compared to other devices in same room, even side by side. I have had little time to browse the forums since the update, but i am seeing people having the issue since the 4.3 update.

craig9100

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
hello
i have strange wifi issies...
I have WN3500RP for the hot spot that works with Windows PCs, but the ONE has issues on this hotspot, sometimes is connects and most times not.
The signal is full strength on all devices
Sometimes the issue seem internet browser only IE I force close the browser and the internet may recover on the ONE.

Regards
Craig

Chis Jewell

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Some people have reported internal antenna issues. When you have a weak wifi signal try giving the phone a light squeeze next to and slightly above the camera lens ( I dont remember what side) If you get a better signal when squeezing then your phone has an internal issue with the wifi antenna.

AshtonVibe

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I have no issues, and it depends on your building materials, distance from, and of course, the phone. I've had several different phones, and as time goes on, newer phones focus less on wifi, than before. It's all about the internet, and how much your data plan gives you. Mobility is key, not sit close to your wifi, and watch as the fun begins. Lol

Posted via Android Central App