Htc One and iPhoto on Mac?

SouthTex

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Nope.

Not sure where the stock ones are stored. I think you can usually download them from the play store though.

Have you ever tried syncmate plus on mac app store? Shows a feature in it to sync with iphoto an able to use with android devices. Its $40 bucks though! Im debating on it.

**found a free version im going to try right now**

Well couldnt do much with free version since the photo and video transfer is only the paid version.

Last edited:

SouthTex

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
So it looks like SyncMate Expert may work as it claims to work with MTP devices.

Yeah thats what i was reading as well. It can mount the htc one an i think somewhere on their site it said even the root folders if needed. Heres a link for everything it can do on expert edition. Also suppose to have an update or new syncmate released this winter sometime.

Sync for Mac: compare SyncMate Free and SyncMate Expert editions

Heres more info i was checking out on it as well..

http://wiki.eltima.com/user-guides/syncmate-mac-os/mtp.html

http://wiki.eltima.com/user-guides/syncmate-macos.html

http://wiki.eltima.com/user-guides/syncmate-mac-os/synchronization-with-android.html

robsawalker

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I'd rather use intuitive, awesome software that works how I expect software to work. Apple fits that bill for me.

Sadly, iPhoto does not fit that bill! It's an awful and hateful piece of software. It makes no sense to me, is slow and deeply clunky and annoying because it has to import everything into a gigantic library - you can't access the images through OSXs directories as normal. Who the hell thought that was a good idea?

I have had iPhoto for years, and it's never got better. I use Picasa now mainly. If I plug my HTC One into my MacBook it detectsit and opens up Android File Transfer. I have never known iPhoto to detect it, but will look when I get home tonight as I have never tried.

Last edited:

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Sadly, iPhoto does not fit that bill! It's an awful and hateful piece of software. It makes no sense to me, is slow and deeply clunky and annoying because it has to import everything into a gigantic library - you can access the images through OSXs directories as normal. Who the hell thought that was a good idea?
I've also been using iPhoto for years and have never had an issue with it. It isn't the fastest app in the world, but all software can be improved.

You can have multiple libraries, which many people do, but I'm happy with one large one separated by albums and smart albums.

You can access the files in the file system if you really want, but I find it's easier to locate images using iPhoto and export what I need.

The other huge advantage to iPhoto is the ability to share a library with Aperture. Having a single library that I can work in with Aperture and then my family can use with, the far more user-friendly, iPhoto is awesome.

If I plug my HTC One into my MacBook it detectsit and opens up Android File Transfer. I have never known iPhoto to detect it, but will look when I get home tonight as I have never tried.
iPhoto won't see the device because it's MTP, which isn't a standard file system the OS X recognizes.

SouthTex

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Well im going to take the plunge ($40) an see how well syncmate expert works for the mac,iphoto an htc one. If your on osx mavericks it wont work until they release syncmate 5. So im about to take the chance an spend on it..wish me luck!

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Well im going to take the plunge ($40) an see how well syncmate expert works for the mac,iphoto an htc one. If your on osx mavericks it wont work until they release syncmate 5. So im about to take the chance an spend on it..wish me luck!
Please report back on how well it works. If it's a good product I'll buy it too.

SouthTex

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Please report back on how well it works. If it's a good product I'll buy it too.

Alright adriandb,i think we're on to something using the syncmate expert. It took me few hours to figure out different settings within the software but its working little by little. Im able to setup an sync from htc one to mac so far so good without opening itunes. When its syncing,iphoto will open up an then close once its done. The one annoying thing though is when it asks you to sync which folder from your one to which destination on your mac like iphoto, it tells you to make a new folder name for a album so i did. then i imported an while they show on left column on iphoto,they arent grouped in one EVENT when i go to the EVENTS tab on the left column on iphoto. So they are scattered everywhere making the EVENTS section long leaving you to organize them. Other than that which im still trying to figure out, it all works good syncing photos from ONE to iphoto. Oh also it mounts the Htc One by clicking 'mount' in the software which then opens the Finder an you can look through the folders on the One.

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
That's fantastic news! Are you on Mac OS 10.8 or 10.9? I haven't upgraded my main machine yet, but I'm slowly making my way through the macs in my house.

SouthTex

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
That's fantastic news! Are you on Mac OS 10.8 or 10.9? I haven't upgraded my main machine yet, but I'm slowly making my way through the macs in my house.

Im on 10.8 I haven't upgrade yet myself but I'm thinking about doing it. This syncmate expert is great with what it does but what is annoying me is how it doesnt keep all the pics that you imported, into one EVENT. So then you have to take time to go an organize them. Im not sure if that will be fixed in syncmate 5 but you get a 14 day refund on it which is what im leaning towards right now.

Pakwoman

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I ended up having success by uploading all my photos to Google Drive then importing them through iPhoto. It's annoying to do another step, but it's free!

ScraPerfect

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
What is android file transfer and where do you get it? I am 100% Apple except for my HTC one. When I use sync manager, it opens iPhoto, and brings my pics in and deletes from my phone. So far so good. Except I split libraries (2003-2011, 2012 to recent) putting one on an external drive, and it keeps putting these into the older library. I don't see any way to tell it which library to use. I guess I could remember to unplug the external drive which would force it to use the hardrive's library---but seems I should be able to specify the library.