HTC One 4.4 KitKat & 5.5 Sense Upgrade...

AGReklaw

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
WOW!! What a Christmas present!!

I get the HTC One 4.4 KitKat & 5.5 Sense upgrade today!!

Peace&BWild
(HTC One 64GB Developer Edition)

Screenshot_2013-12-25-18-56-03.jpg

*** YES; these upgrades DO make my life seem better.

Last edited:

Dperks17

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Took me a half hour to unlock my one achieve S-Off and flash 4.4 sense 5.5 stock developer rom. Battery life is fantastic and it's very very snappy.

Posted via Android Central App

lEssence

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey I was wondering about Google play music on 4.4
Does it now allow you to have full album art lock screen ?
Any other features that enhance the ONEs experience on 4.4?

poncewattle

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Can you use the tap and pay feature of Google wallet with 4.4 on your one now?

I have a DE and upgraded to KitKat. Wallet now shows it can be configured for tap and pay, so I set that up and it showed a little tutorial.

So I go and use it -- and nothing. I just look like an ***** waving and pushing my phone against the terminal. The tutorial said you don't have to be running the app, just wake the device up -- which I did.

Sigh...

mugenlude19

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I have a DE and upgraded to KitKat. Wallet now shows it can be configured for tap and pay, so I set that up and it showed a little tutorial.

So I go and use it -- and nothing. I just look like an ***** waving and pushing my phone against the terminal. The tutorial said you don't have to be running the app, just wake the device up -- which I did.

Sigh...

Is your NFC on? I've used mine already through Google Wallet and Isis.

riche-rich

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Got sense 5.5 update with 4.3 a while back but what does 4.4 give you on its own ??? Any info thanks ?

poncewattle

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I've tried to use the tap and play at three different places showing the logo, latest being Walgreens, without luck. However at the Walgreens the cashier recognized what I was trying to do and told me that it doesn't work for anyone.

So all of these stupid NFC terminals are out there and many of them must not even have it turned on. How are you supposed to know? Just tap tap tap and look like an *****, then pull out your regular wallet in the end?

Sounded neat at the time. Oh well.

Yes, I have NFC on. I even opened up the Wallet app and put in my pin. Still nothing.

AussieAndroid

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
For those of us that don't have a developer phone, can we just flash a stock ROM to get this update?

From what I've read briefly, kitkat is coming this month, but I'm not sure if they mean just for developer phones, or is that for everyone?