Best app for waking up HTC one?

Waterton

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I am new to the android game and just got an htc one a few days ago, I am coming from a Blackberry Z10 and the only thing I dont like about the HTC is pushing that button to wake it up every time. The Blackberry did this by a simple "swipe" from the bezel up onto the screen, it was super easy and great. Is there a good app in the play store that would work with the HTC one to wake up the phone by simply picking it up or swiping up from the HTC logo into the screen? Thanks

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
yes there are.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...id=com.wildroid.wake.up.screen&token=MDJmXSN8

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...etails?id=com.omd.autoscreenon&token=LDmXAyYL

keep in mind these (and whichever other you may find in your research) use the phone's sensors to wake it up. expect a battery hit and the ocasional glitch maybe.

i am not aware of any that will let you *swipe* due to the fact that the screen is off, and thus not capable of receiving any commands.

otherwise people have turned to rooting and using the htc logo down the bottom to wake it up. of course that is much more complicated but if you are interested in rooting it could be a choice for you.

Waterton

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
You guys will have to excuse me if I am asking the same questions that have been posted her 1000 times. Sorry this is my very first ever Android phone and I am liking it so far but I hate having to push the power button at the top of the phone every time to wake up the screen. I am not interested in "rooting" my phone because I don't know what that is or even where to start. I am just interested in a good app available in the Play Store for turning my screen on.

So there is no way to swipe up from the HTC logo onto the screen to wake it up? I seen a youtube video of a guy doing this buy it was just to get him out of an app to his home screen so the phone was already on. Im worrined about an app that allows me to simply "pick up" the phone to turn on the screen, worried it would call or text people while in my pocket. But then I also do use the draw a pattern to unlock my phone. Please help me by talking me thru my options other than using the power button. Thanks a lot guys!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez