Contacts issue

Sharon Anthony

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
I just switched from a Blackberry to HTC Desire 601. In my contact/people list my contact's last names are written in symbols and letters. Does anyone know how to fix this? Never seen anything like it!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Did you import your contacts from Blackberry? If so, there was probably some problem with the import.

Oh, and let's get this out of the way: Mah-mah-mah-my Sharona! ;)

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The title of the thread is "Sharona." It was a reflex, sorry.

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
In my previous response, I was wondering if you imported the contacts from your Blackberry. How did you get the contacts into your phone?

Posted via Android Central App--please excuse the brevity and any typos!

bbinder

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I know that every place I've ever gone to doesn't guarantee that they will be transferred perfectly because of differences in formatting. Personally I'd use an online service like Gmail or something similar that the contacts sync with so you don't have to worry about it at all. Then they're always available online and you can edit them as needed.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I would suspect that the store screwed up the contact transfer. Hopefully you still have the Blackberry, or you still have its contacts on the Blackberry Desktop program, so that you can try to export them yourself, then import to Google.