Please help with my lock screen problem.

onewordepic

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Something weird happened to my HTC one. I switched off the phone and kept it for charging from my portable charger. I tried switching it on after about an hour. It showed 100% but when I switched it on, all the notifications at the top were missing. Initially I thought it was just booting up but even after waiting for 10mins it didn't change.

I pressed the power button and realized that it was not working. I couldn't switch off the screen even after multiple presses. But other functions which needed the power button were working like screenshot. I also realized everything in my phone had reset. Like my Bluetooth name and hotspot password etc. But all my data was intact.

I restarted the phone and now the notifictions icons have appeared except the power saver button(it is turned on). But this time, the lock screen has no icons. Just the lock. The normal icons like phone, messaging which appear beside the lock is missing. I have attached a picture of it.

Someone please tell me what the hell is wrong with my phone.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1395482085866.jpg
    1395482085866.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 34

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Are you running a launcher? That doesn't look like Sense. I would uninstall the launcher and reinstall it or see if there is an update for it. It feels like your device maybe hung up during all the powering on and off and maybe got confused about your launcher and this is the result.

onewordepic

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
No. I am not running any launcher. I am using sense 5.5 with android 4.2.2. The phone was updated about a month back and was working fine till yesterday before I switched it off for charging. Ever since then, it has been functioning really weird. Someone please help.

onewordepic

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Also, after the new update I used to be able to swipe left right at the edge of tje lock screen to add a widget. But now that option is not available. No arrow is visible for swiping. Even if I try swiping at the edge, nothing happens.

Joshua Newman1

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately it seems like your best option will be to hard reset your phone. Do you have a custom ROM running on there by chance?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Joshua Newman1

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, have you tried that hard reset yet that I suggested? Otherwise if you're still under warranty I would recommend sending it in.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo